☂ Chapter Eleven ☂

I hated writing this chapter, but I know all of you that hate Cole will like it, GAAAH! Anyways enjoy! And the story's coming to an end! :'( xx

Cole’s P.O.V

I clapped my palms firmly over my mouth. Too late; she’d heard. I felt the world begin to crumble under my feet as Noah pushed himself of her.

“Cole-” she whispered, shaking her head but no more words came out.

The vision I had of last night, of Meghan’s body against mine, was beginning to vanish. She was moving on, moving onto my best friend. That’s what I wanted wasn’t it? For Meghan to be happy... So why was there a throbbing sensation in my heart at seeing him touch her, seeing his fingers on her face, seeing his lips on her skin, seeing him so close to her.

Tears threatened to fall but I blinked them back, slipping my mask back on. “I came to apologise for last night,” I tried to say without emotion but my voice cracked and I saw pain flash through her eyes as she took a step towards me.

“Don’t apologise, it was my fault,” she whispered. Her body quivering in fear as she extended her shaky hand’s forward to cup my face. “I love you, Cole.” I gulped quietly.

There they were again, those three words that killed me inside.

“You too Meg,” I whispered. The words coming from deep inside me, deeper than I thought words belonged because that's how much she meant to me, I'd give up anything for her, I would do anything for her, kill myself if it made her happy.

“I need to get to class,” Noah muttered, his fists clenched at his sides. He turned to walk away but I knew I had to make things right because time was running out and it was like a race to see how much I could make right before it was too late.

“Noah?” I started but he waved a dismissive hand, his back turned to me and Meg as he began walking away.

“Save your bullshit for somebody who cares,” I flinched at his words, swallowing down the hurt in my throat. Feeling like another part of me had gone, vanished, it was almost as bad as seeing them both together this morning. Why was I always such a fuck up?

“Noah-” Meghan started, curling her fingers gently around his wrist. “I’ll be okay,” she reassured him. “You don’t need to worry.” she assured him quietly.

He ripped away from her grip and walked away. “Fuck you Meghan,” he hissed; pain and anger apparent in his eyes. They were once best friends; I didn’t understand how they’d managed to drift apart but as Noah’s friend, I knew that he cared about Meghan. He cared about her a lot more than he’d ever admit.  Whether Meghan accepted it or not, I knew deep inside Meghan cared about Noah too, but they were both too childish to admit it.

As soon as he was gone, I took her face into my palms. She tried to look away, trying to hide the tears collecting at the corner of her eyes and I felt something inside of me crack. “I’m sorry for last night and for lashing out at you this morning...” I paused. “I really am. I haven’t been the best boyfriend, or person even to be honest, but I have so much shit going on right now... you were the only person I could lean on. Lashing out at you, using you as my punch bag wasn’t right,” I muttered feeling so disgusted at myself. I shut my eyes briefly, shaking my head. She’d been there for me in the night, when my head was killing. I could have died but she sat there and went to sleep beside me, she put up with my shit day after day. I didn’t understand how I’d found a girl like her, she was like an angel sent down from heaven. My angel, my beautiful angel.

“What’s going on?” she asked, placing her palms on top of mine and holding them gently between hers. “Your mood swings, your headaches, last night-” her voice broke causing her to pause. “You looked so tormented in your sleep and I didn’t even know what to do. I hate seeing you so vulnerable and not being able to help you. Tell me so that I can help you,” she pleaded and a tear rolled down her face. I looked away quickly not being able to cope. The thin string keeping me from telling her the truth was tearing, breaking, snapping and I knew if I ever saw her look so tormented again I'd tell her everything, and that would only hurt her more.