Everything Ends with a BANG!

Leah's P.O.V. 

I was home looking at my work for the week when my office door banged open. Looking up I see Steve glaring down at me. "Can I help you?" I calmly asked him. 

"Why didn't you admit that Leah was the one who created the super soldier serum?" he asked me. 

"I didn't lie to you. She didn't create it she just made it work," I say with a slight shrug. "I was telling you the truth about that." 

"Yet you keep hiding things and only admitting to them when it's convenient," he argues. Fair point but I have reasons for that. 

"Are you mad at the fact you're kept in the dark or the fact you may feel responsible for Leah's disappearance from the world?" 

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Please it's written all over his face. Steve was always easy to read. Maybe it's because he wears his heart on his sleeve or his high sense of morality. 

"Please you can't fool me that easily. I may not know you Steve but I know many men like you. You are always trying to do what you think is right but sometimes it never feels enough. I don't fault you for thinking that way. It's kinda charming if you think about it." His face contorted into a sense of complete confusion. "What? Just saying." 

"You're a strange one you know that?" 

"It's not the first time I've been told that. You probably won't be the last." Pulling out a file to hand to him. "Since we're here admitting things I might want to look at." 

"What is it?" he asked me as he grabbed the file. 

"She really did believe that you were one of the only people that deserved to be a super soldier. The only other people she trusted were Peggy Carter and Howard Stark. However, she knew that project Rebirth was too important to the government. So she came up with a contingency plan to make sure that the serum wouldn't be used by anyone she didn't feel deserved it." 

"And what was that plan." He was flipping through the file. 

"A DNA Lock?" I admitted. 

"A what?"

"A DNA Lock, she made it so that the serum was only compatible to you, Peggy, or Howard. In order to do that she had to make the serum with the capability to recognize DNA. Which she was able to do without anyone  knowing. So in reality the serum would have only worked for you. Nowadays the serum would work on Tony, Sharon Carter, and if you had any children in the future. If anyone else receives the serum it would have no effect. That was the secret she was truly to keep safe. To the world anyone could have been given the power you now have, when in reality it was only a select few."

"But why?" Confused at his question and didn't completely understand. 

"What do you mean why? Why what?" 

"Why did she have so much faith in me? She only met me once and she was willing to risk everything to make sure I became Captain America. So why?" I didn't really know how to answer him. I've seen all types of evil and very few who are truly good. I believed Steve to be one of them. 

"Maybe you reminded her that there was still good in the world. Hard to say what goes through a person's mind. Especially if everything happened so long ago." Peering down to lock my desk draws. "You can keep the file as I have no use for it. It was just collecting dust anyways." Standing up and walking over to him. "I mean no harm in what I do Steve but some secrets are better hidden than known." 

"Well keeping all these secrets makes me think you don't trust us and maybe that we can't trust you." 

"I don't hold it against you. Whether you trust me or not I won't force you too. Just know that I'm here to support you. You are here as a courtesy not an obligation. You can leave whenever you want. Nothing is keeping you here."