2

Three years of resistance training and my first real mission was in the worst place it could possibly have been. Aekford was the city I grew up in within the Covea pack territory, the city where I first heard the news that the supernatural's were coming out of hiding, where I found my mate, and where I ran from them and my family. Just as they had told me to do if the day ever came.

I hadn't been able to communicate with my family as I had hoped. Me and Lily had been told that we would get in contact with our families if the day ever came. And I had been able to, by three-minute phone calls, and coded letters. It was disappointing but better than nothing. Despite my telling the resistance that we were fine to talk for longer and that my letters didn't need to be coded they never listened.

"There are eyes everywhere, Emmy, you can never be sure." That was always the reply.

Me and my teammates and partners, Roki and Devon, were posing as teens on a road trip and had enough drugs in the car that the sniffers would smell us out before we got halfway into the city.

The plan had originally been to sneak in, plant some harmless bombs that would be sniffed out quickly, and in a different part of the same area plant the real bombs and blow up a building and some wolves. We wouldn't risk humans if possible. After all, we were doing this for them, we were getting back our counties, our lives. But things got a bit out of hand and we had to make some split-second decisions.

I was dressed in a casual long sleeve black top and loose-fitting black jeans that surprisingly made my hair go from a light brown to a golden colour, and my eyes just stayed their usual brown. Rockys' blue paint-splattered cargo pants and red top however made her blue eyes even more contrasted against her short black braids. Devon looked boring as ever in his black jeans and green shirt, even if his shirt was the same colour as his eyes and matched his dusty blond hair.

I was sitting in the backseat of our very inconspicuous white painted van that we had picked up on the way into the city, a very large black suitcase next to me.

To help us not spend so much money we made sure to sprinkle some of the 'goods' outside the car to attract the wolves' attention and have them send people after us. Once the 'wolve regime' or 'the fall of humanity' had begun drug deals had become almost impossible with shifted werewolves on every corner patrolling and reporting to their leaders. It was a good thing that the resistance had so many contacts to get us so much of something so expensive.

Five minutes walk from our destination and the wolves were right where we wanted them. There were two fully shifted and really large wolves on each side of the car and one police officer on a motorbike yelling at us to pull over.

"Everybody ready?" Rocky yelled out excitedly, this was our first real mission we should have all been excited. I was terrified that one of them would need me to get them out of whatever chaotic mess they were likely to get into.

"You don't have to sound so excited you know," I said to her in the driver's seat as we ignored the cops tailing and surrounding us.

"You could sound a little more excited," Devon said, "come on where's fun Emelia who makes really bad jokes all the time? We are going to be fine, look at all our practice exercises! We are a great team."

"I have been looking back on all our practice tests, and at all the times I had to save your asses."

"This time will be different."

"Yea, this time we'll be saving your ass!" Rocky cut in excitedly as we started to notice more shifted wolves and police around us. We waited until they started forcing the van to the side before stopping harshly shoving us all forward in our seats. Fast like we had practiced we had the windows down and threw out our 'grenades' as Rocky liked to call them. The high-pitched noises that they emitted and the strong and overpowering odor stopped them all for just enough time for us to get into our pre-planned positions. Rocky bolted towards the front and inside of the targeted building, Devon around the back, and I was the distraction and was running to the building next to me to cause a massive scene. It helped that the wolves already had the drug's scent in their heads and I was the one most covered in it.