4

Walking into the city one week after my last mission here was weird, and it became even more so when I saw my face on a poster. A photo taken of me three years ago when I had just gotten my license, and next to it was a blurry snapshot caught by a local security camera.

"Look at this," I said to Devon and Rocky nodding my head to the poster. They both stepped out of the shadows to look.

"How did they find your identity?"

"Maybe one of the officers recognized me? As long as they don't go after my family I couldn't care less."

"Would they go after your family?" Devon asked. That stopped me.

"They shouldn't, I haven't had contact with them in three years as far as the police know."

"But what if they found out?"

"Why do you keep asking?"

"Because you don't seem worried."

"Keira assured me that this would be safe; if it wasn't and my family felt that it wasn't they would get out of the city."

It was twilight and the city was filled with people heading home from work. The day had been mostly rainy which was good as it meant that we could wear coats and hats without people looking at us strangely.

Headed for the center east side of the city where the wolves mainly stayed as a group we talked and walked. Each of us buzzing with excitement and anxiety at being on a mission again so soon. Knowing what I was about to do I was more full of anxiety than anything else.

Together we made our way through the city catching a backed bus to the center of werewolf territory. The building was large but not tall, it was probably only four stories high. Even at night, there were people milling about and through the large glass windows, we could easily see people inside it. The building officially closed at eight o'clock which meant that we had one hour to set everything up.

We knew the layout of the building reasonably well from the diagrams and maps that had been collected. Together over the last week, we had poured over them as we made our plan, so we had a good idea of what to do.

Rocky started walking into the building through the main doors. She was supposed to pretend that she had been given a notice to talk to counselor Sullivan, a wolf that we knew was out of town from our resources who had spotted him sneakily leaving the territory. She would then start demanding to be seen by him, throwing a fit causing security to focus their attention on her and be prepared to have to deal with her, leaving fewer people for me and Devon to worry about while we set up the explosives.

Casually we walked around the side of the building making sure to laugh and talk about nonsense in case anyone was watching us. We came to the second door, a plain metal one next to a few rubbish bins.

"Ready?" I whispered hoping that while we were doing this Rocky wouldn't get herself into too much trouble like I had. Though I didn't believe she had a mate in the city which would hopefully help.

"As I'll ever be," Devon replied pushing open the door. He had a phone in one hand showing a live feed of the scene Rocky had just started to cause and we watched the shifter security officers start walking towards the commotion that was my best friend.

We walked into the dark room and following the instructions we had been given, made our way to the second floor and into one of the less-used rooms.

Taking off our jackets we ripped open the hidden pockets containing the explosives. The tension in us didn't ease however by no longer carrying them, now we had to assemble them.