6

Emelia-

I knew that wolves could be possessive of their mates, so having been made to sleep in the same room as one was something I had prepared for... it had been wishful thinking on my part to hope it wouldn't come to that.

The muffled sound of birds chirping and wind blowing greeted me as I woke. I wouldn't have moved from the extremely soft bed if it weren't for him.

Kato was on the other side of the bed, sitting up with his laptop doing work, head bowed slightly to look at his screen making his longish hair fall into his eyes.

It was such a shame for someone as awful as him to have such features that they made my breath stop.

Knowing there was no hope of avoiding him by sleeping in i gave myself a few seconds to wake up and plan my day. They were really going to stick to this 'can't be alone in a room longer than five minutes' thing. Like seriously, it was only two buildings! And even though half of my mission required contact with them, the parts that required getting away from them were going to be harder with a wolf constantly watching. I mumbled a groan as my thoughts spiraled in a failed attempt to make a day plan other than 'coffee'.

"Good morning," The male beside me said without looking up from his work. He had about three different things open on his laptop at once and continuously switched between the three, and next to him, his phone was open on his email.

I was inclined to roll back over and go to sleep again, feeling too tired and sore to do anything else, including respond. Instead, I stood up and walked (or rather stumbled,) to the bathroom immediately missing the comfortable bed. Something i had not had in a long time.

The bathroom, like the bedroom was luxurious in a relaxed way. While the bedroom felt open and woodsy, the bathroom felt clean and cool. Not what I would have expected from a guy's ensuite.

The house itself, I had noted when we arrived, was a large cabin-style house. A mixture of the modern open design, filled with lots of white, grey, and black. With leather couches and wooden furniture, a wood-beamed roof, and decorated to feel just the right amount of comfy.

I was entirely jealous of it.

It was my dream home, that and a penthouse apartment in some big city far away. Nothing like the dingy army-style bunkers that the resistance liked to call 'living quarters'.

Kato's bedroom wasn't any different than the rest of the house. The second story, had a high roof painted a light grey with wood beams, a grey carpet, a large bed, two large windows overlooking the forest, and the whole thing was decorated with soft blankets and pillows and books. I wondered if he was the one who decorated this place? I would never have guessed a guy could have, although I never really guessed that guys (especially wolves) could do much at all besides fight. Was that sexist?

I decided to take a shower to wash away the dirt and dust covering my body from yesterday.

Unfortunately, the bathroom contained nothing useful enough to interest the resistance, not unless 'Men's three in one body wash shampoo and conditioner' in the fragrance 'glacial rage' had the ability to be the fall of the wolves. I didn't even want to touch that. Thankfully there was also some normal shampoo that I was able to use to get the grime out of my hair.

Fully aware there were only a few more minutes before Kato came knocking at the door I made my shower quick and towled off quickly.

There was a moment where I stood in the bathroom in just a towel wondering if it was better to stay in there, call out, or go out in the towel to steal more of Kato's clothes.