⚔︎ 7 ⚔︎

With the information from Bhaltair, High Queen Calypso calls an emergency meeting of the Council. I'm honestly coming to hate them. They're just so long and tedious, and quite frankly, semi-pointless. Ultimately, Calypso makes the decision and doesn't listen to anyone else. I don't really see a need for them.

"There's got to be something we can do," I insist. "The disaster seemed Regalia related. Everyone knows Octavia couldn't have a Regalia. So who's the Royal working with her?"

Apollo sighs, placing his face in his hands. I've been arguing about this all morning. And I've gotten nowhere.

All the other eyes in the room lock onto me.

"What?"

Adonis takes mercy on me and pipes up. "Calla, the majority of the Royals are in this room. Are you really accusing one of us or our family members of working with Queen Octavia against the High Queen's orders?"

My mouth drops open. I didn't think of that. "No... I'm just trying to explain the events that happened in the battle of Nayana. It wasn't natural–"

"And how would you know?" Axar questions. "Were you there?"

Apollo and I exchange a look. "Again, no. I– I used my abilities to ease the hurting of the soldier, Bhaltair, and it came with some... side effects. I was trapped in his nightmare, and saw everything."

Axar hums, but only gives me a look of suspicion. I stare him down, until he looks away uneasily. I look around, but no one will meet my eyes. They don't believe me. If only there was a way to show them...

Of course, I could inflict the remaining pain from Bhaltair on them, but that would do more harm than good.

"Let me go to Scle and investigate. I've been there before."

High Queen Calypso sighs. "We can't just send a Queen into a war zone."

I scowl. No, of course not. "What about Bastien? He has a cover there and everything."

"No one has heard from or seen him since his last report." Adonis looks over at me sadly. "We have no one to spare at the moment."

No one to spare. This is just like Gaia all over again. No one will listen to me. I might as well get used to it.

"Alright then. What are we going to do?"

The High Queen purses her lips. "Same as before. Eventually this will roll over or they will destroy each other. It's happened before, and it will happen again. It's just the way of the world."

I stare at the table in front of me, biting my tongue and clenching my fists. Why am I even here?

Apollo slips his fingers into my hand, giving it a tight squeeze. I hold onto him like a lifeline. He understands. The meeting ends with that. My jaw stays tight as Adonis opens a door back to Flare, and until Apollo and I arrive in my room. Why he chose to lead me here, I have no idea.

But then he opens his arms, and as I fall into them I understand. He's letting me cool down. In the privacy of my room. Tears rush to my eyes, and I clench his shirt in my fists.

"You really need to stop accusing people, love," Apollo murmurs, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"Well if they stopped being suspicious, I would." He chuckles, wrapping his arms around me tighter. "I feel like a sitting duck, Apollo."

"I know, love, I know. Things will get better soon. I can feel it."

Pulling back, I look into his golden eyes. "But what if they don't? Deimos warned me about this. He called it the consequences of my actions..."