10.

Amayra Miraya Singhania's POV

It's been a day, that I've stayed in Abhimanyu's penthouse. Honestly, I am scared of Abhimanyu. He says he is my brother, and I would be a fool to not believe him; he has my eyes, my hair. But I can't help but doubt him. I still don't know how he found me; I was running away.

It's obvious, that he doesn't like my presence, the way he acts are enough proof to that. I can't help but feel extremely terrified to live with him. And I have my reasons to not trust him.
I remember everything as clear as anything, like it just happened yesterday.

When I was three years old, I remember my small self playing in the garden of the orphanage, away from everyone else. The owner of the orphanage was a very kind and loving lady; Riya.

She was a lady in her mid thirties, managing everything in the orphanage, caring for everyone like her own. She would feed me, bathe me, put me to sleep when I got a nightmare.

Then a couple arrived, wanting to adopt me. I didn't want to; I loved Riya, and I didn't want to leave her.

But they did adopt me. They were a very nice and lovely couple, doing everything for me. I started to grow attached to them, and I loved them like my own parents. In just a span of three months, they became my parents.

That's when it went all wrong, until I ruined everything. It was a Sunday evening, and I was adamant on going for a ride.

My father, whom I called uncle, was driving on the empty highway, and I was screaming at him to increase the speed.

Flashback

" Uncle Subham! Drive fast!", I yelled at him, causing a laugh to from escape him.

" My little fairy, you need to sit down!", he spoke back to me, focusing on the road, as he increased the speed.

A fit of giggles escaped my mouth, as a gust of wind ruffled my hair.

" Sit down baby, you're gonna hurt yourself!", someone chided from beside, holding me down.

" Aunt Priya! Pwease!", a whine escaped me.

" Noooo!", I laughed out loud, as she tickled me.

" Which icecream do you want little girl?", uncle Subham asked, looking at me from the front view mirror.

" I want blueberry ice-cweam---", before I could complete my sentence, a loud crash was heard and the car turned over, the glass windows broke, piercing my skin. Rolling over a few times, the car came to a halt; upside-down.

I was squished to the side, as I turned my scared gaze towards aunt Priya; she was dead, a glass piece has pierced her neck.

And that's when a voice caught my attention, " Baby, here, l-look at me...", uncle Subham whispered, blood was trickling down his forehead. My teary eyes met his, as he smiled at me lovingly.

" Y-You need to get out of the car and run away...", he told me, his breaths heavy.

I shook my head, as tears rolled down my cheeks.

" No, you need to run away...okay? For me....just for me...", he was panting out these words, as I sobbed, nodding my head.

I pushed myself out of the window, and looked at him; he was still smiling.

" Run away baby...", he said as I stood there sobbing.