38.

Author's narrative

Abhimanyu looked down at his sister who was pouting with tears in her eyes.

"I'll be back soon Myra," Abhimanyu spoke gently.

He was going to a business trip.

Well that's what he told Amayra and the others.

"Don't go," she pouted more.

"I-I don't want you to go," she mumbled.

Abhimanyu's heart melted at her adorableness.

Amayra has been talking lately and that sure was a progress.

"I'll be back soon Amayra, really." He repeated once again.

"Now come on, give me a hug." He spoke when he saw her sad face.

Amayra went forward and wrapped her arms around Abhimanyu's torso, who reciprocated her gesture and patted her head.

"Now be a good girl," he said, letting her go.

He gave a look to Adhiraj and his uncles and looked at his brothers and cousins, "Take care of her."

He turned around to walk out of the mansion as a dark glint covered his eyes.

He was going to end it at once and for all.

***

Vivaan looked at Aarav, who was in deep thoughts.

"What are you thinking bro? I told you that she's pretending to be nice and fooling us all. What's there to think about? I even showed you a damn vedio," Vivaan asked warily.

"Don't tell me you still don't believe me!" He suddenly exclaimed.

Aarav sighed, "I know that there's no fault of Amayra in any of these. But think about this, Trisha's also our sister," he spoke.

"Are you even listening to me?!" Vivaan bellowed.

"Shut it! I'm listening. I'm just trying to process whatever you spewed just now," Aarav says irritated.

"She told us that Abhimanyu Bhai assaulted her, we didn't believe it. Then Dad disowned Bhai in front of everyone. No one but Dad believed her, because he saw it himself. We still didn't believe that and favoured Bhai. But somehow we pitied Trisha, she was our sister after all," Aarav continued.

Vivaan just looked at him blankly.

"Seeing that we weren't going to believe, she said that maybe Bhai was drugged, so that we could believe that she really was assaulted in our own house. So we pitied her more didn't we? We made sure she was comfortable and we made sure of it till now. And now you're telling me that she set this all up and isn't even our sister?" Aarav finally looked at Vivaan, incredulously.

"Yes," Vivaan nodded firmly.

"Are you sure?" Aarav asks.

"Hundred percent," Vivaan replied.

Aarav looked down at the phone furiously.

"I defended that bitch and defended her everytime. I made sure no one bothers her because I thought she was my sister. Even though I didn't believe my brother could do something so heinous I still defended her, thinking that maybe he was really drugged and it was all a mistake. I thought that even if he wasn't at fault, she still suffered. So I defended her again. I made sure that she won't feel inferior in the family as no one cares for her. Turns out, she was a fucking liar all along. At last, she isn't even my god damn sister!" Aarav yelled furiously, trying to control himself from doing anything irrational.