Chapter 4

You  walked the busy streets of London, flanked by both Sebastian and Ciel. You hurried along the foot path to find that little alley where there were always strays in need. People where bustling all through the streets, horse drawn carriages, people with shopping bags, people were everywhere.

“____! Where exactly are we going?!” Ciel demanded, struggling to keep up with your fast pace. Glaring at Sebastian who was having absolutely no trouble at all.

“I believe there is alley way where Lady ____ tends to the cats, I imagine we are heading there.” Sebastian replied with a smirk.

“I didn’t ask you Sebastian...” Ciel muttered under his breath, which made his butler’s smirk only widen.

“Oh! We’re here!” ____ said, before rushing into the alley. Ciel glanced at his butler who only smirked in response before following ____ into the alley.

The alley way was dirty and dark. It smelled terrible and the grime of the streets lined the walls and floors. ____ kneeled down next to a cardboard box, not caring if her dress got dirty.

“Jasper! Your safe!” ____ cried, as she cradled the little black kitten she had grown so attached to. Sebastian stood closely beside her as he too began to pet the little kitten. Ciel stood awkwardly not knowing what to do. ____ noticed and turned to him with the kitten in her arms.

“Would you like to hold him?” She asked, a gentle smile on her face as she looked at the kitten lovingly. Ciel nodded and step forward and took the kitten in his arms.

Ciel stared down at the kitten in his arms. It was a little black kitten that was missing an eye. It’s eye was permanently closed, and the other eye was a bright blue. He stared up at Ciel and nuzzled closer to his chest.  The tiniest smile appeared on Ciel’s face as he began to scratch the little kitten behind the ears.

“It looks like Jasper likes you Ciel!” ____ giggled. Ciel smiled at her affectionately and turned his attention back to the kitten falling asleep in his arms.

“He has quite the resemblance to you, young master” Sebastian commented with a smirk. ____ giggled as Ciel glared at Sebastian before turning his attention to you.

“How did he get like this?” Ciel asked. He was quite curious. The kitten did resemble him a little, not that he would ever admit it.

 ____ sighed sadly.

“His mother was a stray I used to take care of. She had five kittens including Jaser. When she had all of her kittens, Jasper was the weakest out of all of them. They also all had white fur, Jasper was the only one with black fur. Since Jasper was the weakest he wasn’t accepted by the others, or by his mother. One day she attacked him. I managed to scare her and her kittens off but it was too late. She already did permanent damage to Jasper’s eye. She never returned and neither  did the kittens, and that’s when I vowed to protect him.”

Ciel was in shock. He looked down at the little kitten in his arms. He couldn’t understand why anyone would want to hurt it, especially its own mother. It made him angry. He understood why you wanted to protect it.

“That is quite the story Lady ____” Sebastian said, with a smile towards ____, which she returned.

Ciel turned towards the exit of the alley, kitten tucked safely in his arms.

“ Sebastian, ____, we’re leaving” Stated Ciel before walking to the exit.

“ Young Master, what about the kitten?” Sebastian asked, smirk in place.

“Jasper is coming home with us.” Ciel replied without even turning around.

____ cried out in joy and ran towards Ciel. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on the cheek before hugging him.

“Thank you Ciel...” ____ whispered still locked in the hug.

A blush burned at Ciel’s cheeks, but he soon returned the hug tightly.

He would never forget that feeling of Sebastian’s eyes burning into the back of his head. He could feel the anger radiating off of Sebastian’s form. He enjoyed torturing Sebastian like this, his usually stoic and composed butler was jealous. This was going to be fun.

‘The game has only just begun young master...’

 ( Author’s Note: I do not own Black Butler, the characters, the pictures or you. All pictures and characters belong to their rightful owners and you belong to you. Unless a hot demon butler is after your soul ;) )