Chapter 8

You sat on Elizabeth’s plush bed as she dug through her clothes, trying to find the perfect dress for you. You stared at her horrid choices in disgust. You weren’t a fan of things that were too frilly, pink or lacy. Sadly that was what most of Elizabeth’s wardrobe was made up of.

“Too frilly”

Elizabeth sighed and pulled out another dress.

“Too puffy”

Elizabeth was really losing her patience with you. You were just so fussy. “Will you please stop being so picky!” Elizabeth cried out in frustration.

“Well clearly we don’t have the same taste in fashion.” You huffed, crossing your arms. You turned to the pile of dresses and a blue and white one caught your eye.

It wasn’t too frilly or too puffy. It was a lovely baby blue and white, with short puffy sleeves and a small bow near one of the shoulders. It was simple but beautiful. It was perfect.

Elizabeth saw you staring at it and picked it up. “This one?” She asked with a hopeful gleam in her eye. You nodded eagerly and you heard Elizabeth sigh in relief, glad you finally chose a dress.

She helped you put on the dress and sat you in front of her vanity as she began to brush your hair and do your make up.

“You know ____, you’re the closest friend I have ever had” She said softly. So softly you almost didn’t hear her. You were stunned; she was always so hyper and happy. Now she was so quiet. You looked at her through the mirror, her attention was on your hair but you could tell she saw you smile at her.

“You too Elizabeth, we’re best friends after all!” She turned her gaze away from your hair and smiled brightly at you. You suddenly felt a pang of guilt hit your heart as you remembered your almost kiss with Ciel. What were you thinking?! Elizabeth has been your best friend through thick and thin and you almost kissed her fiancé. You felt horrible. ‘It’s not happening again, Elizabeth is my best friend and I would never want to hurt her.’ You vowed silently to yourself.

“Oh I almost forgot! I have a present for you ____! It will go perfectly with your dress!” She scurried off towards her large suitcase and started rummaging through it. You stared after her curiously until she came back. She held a small velvet box in her hands and gently put it in yours.

“Open it!” She shouted, bouncing around excitedly.

You opened the box to reveal a black velvet choker; in the middle was a beautiful blue crystal in a silver pendant. It was absolutely beautiful. Maybe Lizzy did know your style after all. You jumped out of the chair and hugged her. She giggled and hugged you back.

“Careful now! I just finished your hair!” She sat you back down in the chair and gently took the choker from your hands.

You pulled your hair away from your neck as Lizzy put the choker on you.

“There we go! Sebastian won’t be able to take his eyes off of you!” She giggled.

You turned and looked into the mirror. You stared into the mirror at your reflection. The light blue and white of the dress complimented your (s/t) skin, and the beautiful choker Lizzy gave you drew attention to your beautiful (e/c) eyes. You looked gorgeous.