Chapter 13

You and Ciel quickly jumped apart and stared at the doorway in shock. There stood Lizzy, tears rimming her emerald eyes and her lips quivering. Ciel opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a loud wail. Lizzy sobbed in the doorway, tears running down her face like a waterfall. You and Ciel stared at the ground in shame, not making any move towards her.

“____ how could you?” Lizzy whispered staring at you in sadness. She looked at you with hurt written all over her face. You slowly lifted your gaze from the ground and faced her. She wasn’t mad, she was hurt. No, devastated. You could feel your heart drop into the pit of your stomach.

“I swear I didn’t mean to! I’m your best friend! I would never hurt you on purpose! Lizzy...” You protested before trailing off at the end. You didn’t know what to say, you felt absolutely horrible. You just kissed your best friend’s fiancé. You just broke your best friend’s heart.

You stared into your sad (e/c) eyes with her devastated green ones. “I’m not so sure about that anymore ____...” She whispered sadly and shifted her gaze to the ground. There was a very uncomfortable silence. You could feel Ciel watching you but you couldn’t bring yourself to look at him. You had to look at anything but him. Looking at him would break your heart even more, but your heart break was nothing compared to how poor Elizabeth was feeling right now.

“Ciel I thought you loved me” Lizzy whimpered, staring at him sadly more tears falling. Ciel snapped his gaze away from you and turned to look at her. A sudden look of regret passed his features but he quickly regained his stoic composure.

“I’m sorry Elizabeth. I do care for you, but not in the way you want me to. I don’t love you. I am calling off the engagement, I’m very sorry.” Ciel spoke so seriously. You winced lightly at his tone. It had sounded a bit harsh. You heard a whimper and a heartbreaking sob, before footsteps were heard running down the hall. You slowly lifted your head to see that Elizabeth was nowhere in sight. There was an awkward silence as Ciel stared at you and you stared at the wall. Ciel started to approach you and he opened his mouth to speak but you didn’t want to hear it. You dashed out into the halls and just ran.

What have you done? You just lost your best friend. Ciel broke off their engagement. He said he didn’t love her. Did that mean he loved you?

All you could hear was the pounding of your heart in your ears. Your vision was blinded by tears and all you could think about was how much of a horrible person you were. You hurt your best friend. You ruined her life.

Your thoughts were abruptly cut off as a hand on your wrist pulled you to a sudden stop. You jerked around quickly, staring up into the face of a surprised and concerned Sebastian.

“Miss ____-“ You cut him off by wrenching your wrist away and taking off again.

You burst through the doors of the Manor and ran outside. You weren’t sure where you were going, but you just had to get away. Away from the manor. Away from Lizzy. Away from Ciel. Away from Sebastian. Away from everything.

You ran until you were too tired to run any further. You lifted you head and began to observe your surroundings. You had made it to the streets of London. You sighed and began to walk, eyes downcast. You suddenly bumped into a soft but firm chest.  You quickly averted your gaze from the ground and to the person in front of you, you opened your mouth to apologise but the stranger bet you too it.

“Hey! Watch where your- Hey, your quite pretty. Isn’t she Claude?” A child like voice shouted excitedly. 

You stared up at the boy, he had beautiful ice blue eyes, but they held mischief and malice in them. You got an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach.

He looked up towards his butler who seemed to be named Claude, who hummed in agreement. The boy quickly turned his gaze back to you.

“I’m Alois Trancy and this is my butler Claude. Who might you be?” He said staring at you curiously.

“I’m ____ ____” You said quietly. The uneasy feeling didn’t cease and only grew when he picked up your hand in his. He brought your hand up to his mouth and went to kiss it, or was supposed to, because he licked it instead. A shiver ran up your spine. You didn’t like this.

Alois Trancy stared into your eyes, still holding tightly onto your hand. A wicked look passed his face.

“Claude, I want her.”

“Right away your highness.”