ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ."

ʟᴇᴡɪꜱ ᴄᴀᴘᴀʟᴅɪ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"I'm not mad," Kura says very slowly. "Really, (Y/n). I'm not. But you gotta explain yourself..."

"I'm sorry," I mumble apologetically, embarrassed. "I really didn't mean to. I just got so angry—"

"Angry enough to punch a hole in the wall?" Kura says exasperatedly and then waves at the huge mess I made seconds ago. "I mean, the amount of strength you needed to do that...is terrifying."

"I know," I say quietly, lowering my gaze to the floor. "I'm really sorry, Kura. Um, can I help—"

"We'll leave it for now," the other Beastman says gently and sits down on the bed beside me, her shoulder pressed against mine. "So, do you want to talk about what exactly made you angry?"

"I miss smoking," I finally admit after a minute of silence and then interlace my scarred fingers, my face blank. "I miss eating (y/f/f). I miss driving my motorcycle. I miss waking up to the sounds of my younger sister giggling every morning. I miss eating chocolates with my younger brother. I miss cooking meals with my mother in the evenings. I miss talking to my father about silly yet normal things. I miss teasing my grandfather. I miss all of them. Kura...I just really miss home."

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)," the Beastman beside me says while I keep my gaze focused on the ground. "I know that all of this must be really hard; having to stay away from your family for so long."

"It's been four days now," I note. "How much longer do you think I'll have to stay here, Kura?"

Wincing, she answers, "I really don't know, (Y/n). We're still running some tests so I'm not sure."

Nodding my head at this statement, I stay silent as I swing my feet a little. I blink when I notice Kura doing the same thing. Looking up at her, I see her emerald-green eyes wide in surprise.

"Your habits are similar to mine," she says, giggling as she nudges her shoulder against mine.

"Yeah, they are," I say slowly in response and then look down at my scarred fingers. "Hmm."

"You're not going to wear the gloves today?" Kura asks quietly and I can feel her eyes on me.

"No," I respond as an image of Shirou's collar flashes through my mind. "No, I don't think I will."

I startle when the younger Beastman suddenly takes my hands in hers and I quickly look over at her. Shivering, the warmth from her skin spreads over my cool skin as her fingers trail over mine.