ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━🌹 ━━

━━🌹 ━━

"ɪ'ᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴡʜᴏ ꜱʜᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ꜱᴄᴀʀꜱ."

ꜱᴏᴘʜɪᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇʟʟɪ

━━🌹 ━━

"You guys alright there?" the Beastman behind the counter politely calls out, jerking his head to the massive downpour of rain outside his store now. "We got ourselves a lot of rain today, huh?"

"Yes, and awful timing," I remark to which he laughs. "Sir, do you by any chance sell umbrellas?"

"Yeah, we do," he responds, pointing to the other side of the store. "Near the stationary section."

"Thank you," I say gratefully and then follow the Silver Wolf, his white coat flowing behind me.

"So, what colour do you want?" Shirou asks me as he closely examines several of the umbrellas.

"I think we'll just get the cheapest one," I answer, frowning when I see his confused expression.

"(Y/n), the cheapest one is most likely going to break the minute we go out there," Shirou notes as he gestures at the winds outside. "You have to pick a good-quality umbrella. Like this one."

I tilt my head to the side curiously when he hands over a very normal-looking umbrella to me.

"Honestly, it...doesn't look any different," I admit quietly and then look up at Shirou, puzzled. "But does it really matter? I mean, we're at a convenience store. Any of these umbrellas will do."

"Look carefully here, (Y/n)," he murmurs as his bare hand brushes over mine, skin so soft. "The handle is much more sturdy and the material doesn't look like it's going to tear any second."

"Alright then," I say with a defeated sigh as the other wolf gently tugs his white coat further up my shoulders while I hold the umbrella, my ears starting to heat up. "I guess we'll get this one."

My heart races when Shirou nuzzles his nose against the shell of my warm ear before smoothly grabbing the umbrella from me and heading towards the counter. Taking a second to process this, I then rush to keep up with him, my fingers grasping onto his coat to stop it from falling.

"Hey, I'm paying!" I protest once I reach his side and try to shove him away. "Move it, Ogami—"

"With what money?" he questions with a smug look on his face and my jaw drops when I realise I've left my wallet back at the hotel. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Now you move out of the way."

Irked, I grumble curses under my breath while the Silver Wolf pays for the umbrella and to make matters worse, it looks like the Beastman behind the counter is trying so very hard not to laugh.