This Song Should Not Exist

LANDO'S FUNERAL
EVELYN'S SPEECH.

'Good afternoon, family and friends.
First off, I want to thank you all for coming to help celebrate the life of ....

((Dammit I could feel myself choking up already))

To celebrate the life of my Lando.

((Just keep breathing, don't even look at them))

I was given 3 years in his presence and 2 years in his embrace and nothing will ever compare to the feeling of being loved by Lando Norris.

((The mentioning of his name makes it more surreal, I can't describe it, but I need to shut off my feelings. I need to get through this, somehow, someway))

I've written this thing so many god damn times in the past 24 hours. But nothing seemed fitting. None of it was the right way to say goodbye to you. Because we shouldn't be. This shouldn't be goodbye for us. For you.

So, instead, I've chosen not to say goodbye, but Thank you.

((Deep breaths. In and out.))

Thank you for choosing me to love. Thank you for giving this world the most beautiful reasons to smile. Thank you for providing everyone around you with enough love, hope, courage and support that gives us just the amount of strength we need to get through this.

You are my twice in a life time love.

I can't believe I got to experience it once, let alone fall in love with you all over again.

Twice in a lifetime to last for eternity.

They say everything happens for a reason, and that God had bigger plans for you. I'm selfish enough not to accept that someone else could have possibly needed you more than I do right now. But I have to trust you haven't left me alone.

((I hear Landon's newborn sob in the corner of the room and it takes everything in my power now to glance up at him))

I've been forced to life without you. Create a life for our boy that you'd be proud of. I have to pretend I'm okay and smile at the strangers who find admiration in your name. I have to hold my head up high, and look up at you from down below, I have to pretend I understand the plan for you and fake the idea that time heals.

I thank you for your time here and that you chose to spend even a second of it with me.
I'm going to miss the little things, the big things and every stupid laughter in between.

You are my twice in a lifetime love.
The reason I believe in love.
The reason I believe in heartbreak.

I'm forced to say goodbye, but they can't force me to let you go.
I'm going to love you for infinity, and for always.
My Lando.