Chapter 2: Starting Up

Ieiri Shoko was tired, exhausted even.

As a sixteen-year-old it should've been illegal to be this tired, there should be laws that mandated rest. She was having an already annoying day before the black-haired girl fell from the sky. Their whole three-man class of first years were on a mission a few days before and it had taken them days to exorcise the curse, not because it was powerful but simply because Satoru refused to find the exact location of the curse for them.

When they finally did finish their mission Yaga Masamichi kicked them out of their dorms for some 'extra training'— Shoko doubted that her classmates needed any extra training and determined that their teacher wanted them to work together a little and hence threw them out in the guise of training.

The session began with the usual routine of practising their cursed energy control and techniques. With Yaga supervising them they had to at least act like they were busy training but as the day progressed, they began to loosen up and relax a bit.

As soon as their teacher left though, Gojo started fooling around. Ieiri, with her calm and reserved personality, would occasionally join in on the fun, adding her own humour.

Geto, although serious and focused on his work most of the time, would also join in on the fun with his best friend. Geto had his own brand of humour that usually made the second years wary but it just made them crack up like hyenas.

"Oii! Why not come with us for a guy's night out?"

"Never."

"Aww why not? You know that we are the best right? Right? Right?"

"Leave our senpai alone Satoru, they are just scared that they will become cool like us after hanging out with us."

Gojo made a disgusted face, sticking out his tongue and rolling his eyes while Geto continued to watch as their upperclassmen got ticked off.

With Gojo and Geto, there was never a dull day for Ieiri but the day was catching up to her and she had to wake up early tomorrow for her extra lessons. She was just about to leave them be when she suddenly heard the sound of lightning, followed by a loud crack of thunder. The feeling that came over her was both heavy and ominous, and she knew that something was about to happen. Ieiri quickly looked around, trying to see what was causing such a disturbing sound. She found the rest of her classmates and seniors also trying to find what had made that noise. The sky was partly cloudy with no signs of rain or thunder but the sound had been close enough to shake the training ground.

"What was th—" Shoko turned to Geto when the latter cut off mid-sentence, she followed his stare to find herself staring at Gojo.

"There's something in the sky." He announced before running off, jumping across the roofs towards the unknown entity. The rest of the students turned to look up at where Gojo had pointed and indeed there was a small dot falling towards them.

Alarms rang across the student's minds as they questioned how anything was crossing Jujutsu High's barrier. Tengen's barrier was the best in the world, nothing should have been able to come to their school without being accepted by the barriers. With the same thought running through most of their minds, they readied their stance waiting for the moment they had to fight. But it was all for nought when Gojo caught the figure in his arms instead of destroying it and only then did they realize that Gojo was holding the figure of a human.