Chapter 7: Hopes For a New Day

Summary: A snowy day where Aiko gets some time off from her usual missions.

She wonders why she keeps dreaming of work like this, can't she just dream of Satoru and Co while she is in a Coma?

Aiko stood gazing out at the snow-covered land, their eyes taking in the incredible beauty of the winter wonderland; the snow-covered land was a breathtaking sight to behold. The white blanket of snow covered everything and the sunlight sparkled and glimmered off the powdery white flakes that covered the landscape in a glistening shroud. She was awed by the winter scene, the quiet, peaceful atmosphere providing a calming escape from the hustle and bustle of the world.

It reminded her that even though she was in Tokyo the school was away from the heart of it.

The snow muffled the sounds and created an ethereal, almost dreamlike atmosphere. She stood there, looking out at the stunning landscape, and was filled with an overwhelming sense of peace and tranquillity. The snowflakes falling silently gave the scene an almost magical quality, as if time itself had stood still and allowed her to appreciate the beauty and wonder of the winter wonderland. It was like a painting come to life, Aiko's breath misting in the air and the snow sparkling in the moonlight.

"You look like you've never seen snow," She looked back to find Geto standing under the shed. They nodded at each other in greeting before turning to look out again.

"I haven't. I don't think I've ever seen the snow or been anywhere this cold." Geto's eyes found her form, standing still under the snowfall, wearing a pair of boots and clothes that were not appropriate for a snowfall like that.

"You should—" Suguru looked on as Satoru arrived with a sweater and helped Aiko wear it. Looking closer, he found that it was Satoru's sweater.

"You'll catch a cold— where are your gloves and earmuffs anyway? You look more like a tomato than a human in this cold." Suguru stood still; watching Satoru help her into another long coat and then a scarf before tucking her in.

"I don't have those yet, gotta go buy those sometime, preferably today..." Satoru watched as the red in Aiko's ears remained the same, he stared as she twirled in her place and watched the coat swallow her whole figure.

Satoru would not admit it but he felt something akin to satisfaction and pride after seeing her in his clothes.

He tugged the scarf closer to her face and covered her once more when it came loose, laughing to himself when she almost stumbled while walking. Moving like a penguin and flapping her arms for better balance.

"Shookkkooo! Let's go shopping today, I have to buy winter clothes! I cannot keep wearing your clothes right?" She looked over at Satoru for confirmation but before he could say that he had no problem with her wearing his clothes she continued over.

"And I look like a penguin—" Suguru couldn't help but snort at that much to Aiko's chagrin.