three

"We've got an address," Tan says, jogging up to his commander and team leader

"Alright, go get 'em." With that the team is off, probably not going to be back for a few hours.

Hicks makes his way to his office, shuts the door and sits down in the chair with a sigh. He looks at the stacks of paperwork on his desk and decides he can't put it off anymore.

Once he's gotten through half of the stack, he realizes that he has an important call to make. He picks up the phone and dials the number on the contact sheet in his hands.

"Hello, this is S.W.A.T. Commander Hicks," He starts. He explains the situation to the person on the other side of the phone, hoping they'll come in.

"Great, I'll see you soon."

~~~

"Hi Athena, It's nice to finally meet you," He says, shaking the young girl's hand. "Your dad's told me a lot about you."

"Really? Well, he talks about you too," She replies, as they walk into the commander's office. "All good things I hope."

"Oh yeah. Don't tell him I told you this, but he really admires you." He smiles, charmed.

"Good to know," He sits at his desk and takes out the necessary paperwork.

"As you know, you are your father's only next of kin," He starts, "So we need to discuss what to do in case anything were to happen to him."

"Usually he would be here for this conversation but he gave me the go-ahead to do this while the team was on a case."

"Because of the whole secret kid thing." The teen replies. The man lets out a chuckle.

The two settle in for a long, uncomfortable, conversation. They make their plans but hope they will never have to use them.

~~~

2 hours later, the meeting comes to a close. As Athena makes her way out of Hicks' office, 20-squad rolls in.

Their eyes follow their commander as he walks the young girl toward the exit. As she leaves, she makes eye contact with the youngest member of the team, just for a split second.

None of the others notice, too busy silently wondering who the girl is.

After she's gone, Hicks approaches them and asks for a quick mission report. The officers get absorbed in the brief, forgetting all about the mystery girl.

~~~

Jim arrives home a while later, being greeted at the door by his teenager.

"Hey Dad, good day?" she asks, mixing up some cupcake batter in a bowl.

"Yeah, you? How'd your meeting with Hicks go?" He says, recalling the short interaction at HQ earlier in the day.

"It was good, considering what we were talking about," The man hums.

"After you left, the team all talked about you in the locker room," Her father tells her.

"They wanted to know why a teenager was having a meeting with Hicks," the girl guesses. The pair let out little laughs, imagining the team's reactions if they had found out who she was.

"Now come on, let's finish up these cupcakes. That batter smells amazing."

~~~

Deacon's quiet murmurs can be heard throughout the kitchen, phone held up to his ear as he speaks quietly to his wife.

"Did you try the white noise machine?" he questions. Just then Street pops in, the older man failing to notice. "Alright honey, I'll see if I can come up with something. I love you." He waits for a second before the call cuts off.

"Victoria having trouble sleeping?" The younger team member asks. Deacon nods, letting out a sigh.

"Annie's tried everything but still no dice." Street hums empathetically. "She's not usually like this. The other kids are at Annie's mom's place, so it's just Vic but she's been having trouble the last few nights."

"Has Annie tried talking her for a drive?" Street offers. The older man shakes his head.

"No, but I'll let her know." Street nods slightly.

"Let me know how it goes."

~~~

A few hours go by and Street's finishing up some reports from their last case. Deacon comes out of the locker room and jogs up to the younger man.

"Hey Street, I just talked to Annie and she said your drive trick worked almost immediately." He says.

"That's good, Annie deserves some peace." The older man hums, nodding.

"How'd you know that'd work?"

"Lucky guess," Street shrugs, a knowing smile on his face.

"Well thanks, kid. Annie says thanks too."

"I'm just happy I could help." 

a/n --- sorry for the short chapter, i've been having really bad writer's block and i just wanted to get this chapter out

a/n --- sorry for the short chapter, i've been having really bad writer's block and i just wanted to get this chapter out. thanks for reading and as always, feedback is appreciated!

LITTLE STREETOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara