Chapter 9

(A/N: There is heavily implied past noncon in this chapter. this is not intended to romanticize anything. This is simply my way of coping with their own trauma, feel free to skip if you wish. It is also longer than the others. )

♪♪♪

Kayaza was livid. He couldn't believe that a mother could go unaware of the fact that her daughter had never come home the night before. Clearly, she wasn't qualified to/ be a mother. How Yumena had managed to become the way she was now was beyond him. She was kind with other students, intelligent in her assignments, and beautiful despite having a negligent mother. He admired her all the more for it.

The drive to school was a lonely one without Yumena's company. How quickly he had begun to crave and require her presence... The walk into Yoko High was a brief one in the early morning light. Birds sang from the cherry blossom trees that dotted the outside of the campus. It didn't take him long to locate his office and step into it, rolling his shoulders, ready to start a long day. At least he had spending time with Yumena to look forward to.

He halted at the sight of someone sitting in his office. It was Kimura, one of the first year English teachers. "Hello, can I help you?" he asked, shutting the door.

"Yes," she replied, glancing over her head to stare at him, auburn eyes narrowed.

Kayaza sat down across from her at his desk. "What can I do for you?"

Kimura pursed her lips in a disapproving manner before she stated in a cold voice, "It has to do with one of our students. Tamaki Yumena."

"Oh? What is it?" Kayaza pressed, his heart sinking into his stomach.

"She came to me yesterday asking how she could improve her grades. I told her she was doing excellently, so she didn't need to. She then mentioned her recent C grades. I was confused, and thought maybe she had gotten a class mixed up. Last night, I was entering grades, when I noticed her grade point average in my class was actually lower than I recalled. So I went in to see what had happened. There were a few assignments where her grades were C's, but I remembered those assignments. I remember giving her A's. When I went to edit her grade, I saw the grade editing history, and found that you were the last person to alter her grades. I was wondering what that was about?"

Kayaza sighed. "It must have been a mistake. Sometimes I like to check on my homeroom students; I must have changed it accidentally."

"Right. An accident that occurred multiple times," Kimura said caustically, glaring at him.

Kayaza winced. "What are you trying to say?" he demanded.

Kimura took a deep breath, a thoughtful expression on her face. "I don't know what you're trying to do, but it doesn't look good. I'm just warning you, if you change any of my grades again, or anyone else's for that matter, I will have no choice but to report it." She stood up. "That was all, Nakamura." She strutted out of the office without another word.

Kayaza shook in his office chair. He was breathing heavily, and he shoved a pile of papers onto the floor. She was going to tell Yumena, or tell Yumena's mother. She was going to report him. He had to do something to stop her before it was too late.

......

It was the night before the concert, and Aqua was sitting in the kitchen, downing a glass of water when he heard footsteps behind him. Judging by the sound of the sharp inhale that ensued, he could tell it was Kana, who had just noticed him with the Pieyon mask off. He didn't care if she knew the truth now, he was tired. He finished his water and wandered back to his room, where he climbed under the still-warm covers and waited for sleep to overtake him.