CHAPTER 3√

Elijah

Two straight days with no food and Elijah's stomach grumbled. His chest ached as he breathed. It was stuffy and he knew then that it was very hot outside, it was the only explanation he'd ever been granted in the early days of his caged life,it was not the first time it felt this suffocating. There was something different about this particular day,however, something felt different about the air as well as himself. His coal black hair had grown out and it was a little passed his shoulder. He was standing. He felt fidgety and wary. Something wasn't right, he wasn't sure if it was him,the structure or the people outside his confinement.

His eyes were fixed on the door in front of him then at the bars which separated the room, dividing it into two. He didn't know why but he had a strong urge to leave,to somehow get out. It was strange being that it has already been 16 years but now, he felt it in his bones, he needed to find a way out. That need for freedom blossomed within him, he felt like a kid, like the first time he was put in here, when he'd scream and shout, begging them to let him out. Only this time, he wouldn't scream or shout nor would he beg.

There was new found strength inside of him. He wasn't alone, he realized.

Let me help you, the voice was a whisper and it felt oddly familiar,not the voice of his mother he often heard saying 'I love you' but still so familiar and warm. Elijah looked around but there was nobody. He shivered from the sudden breeze which came from nowhere. His hands were folded into fists and he could almost feel the rushing of water. He opened his eyes which he hadn't noticed were closed. He turned to look behind him.

Water? He thought as he stepped closer to the wall and lightly touched the wall. Has it been water behind these walls the whole time? The creaking of the door sounded behind him and he scrambled to the corner and tried to act indifferent. The man peaked in at him with small squinted eyes. He looked around and looked back at Elijah before closing the door again, seeming satisfied with the still room. Elijah listened and heard the shuffling of feet and stood quietly. He pressed his palm to the wall. His eyes closed and he felt the pressure of water behind the wall. His brows furrow. He didn't understand why today of all days he was noticing so much about his prison,nor did he care,either way his question had finally been answered. He knew, somehow that water waited for him behind the cement wall. As he kept his hands on the wall he realized that it was weakened.

"It's only a matter of time. " he whispered to himself. He looked to the door. "It won't hold much longer."

There was a groan and a rumble. His eyes widened, no time at all.

With haste he held onto his cell, wait, if I go through here, they'll probably kill me. He let go of the steel bars and backed away. He stared at the wall for a minute too long. Mabye... He moved to the wall and put both his palms on the wall. But I don't know how to swim... And is there even a way out from this way? He bit his lip and let out a shaky breath. He looked determined at the wall and decided that it is better to die drowning than by his captor's hands at their time.

Have faith... The wall groaned and the brick where his palms were grew warm and a spurt of water came through. He licked his lips and let his instincts take over,suddenly his eyes turned a bright glowing silver. His blood rushed through his ears as a heavy tug was present in his stomach and the door creaked. He gasped and looked to see a wide eyed old bearded man.

"Hey!" Elijah's heart skipped a beat with fright. He focused on his task and pushed when an invisible pressure seemed to come from his hand,one stronger than he had anticipated, blowing the brick wall to shreds and allowing water to engulf him and his cell.