CHAPTER 18√

Elijah

It was silent, only their breathing was heard. He shifted and looked up at the sleeping face of Donovan. It was late but something needed to be done. It was like instinct. He knew he had to do something, but what? There was a tickling feeling at the back of his mind, something was reaching out to him, begging him to see, but what? What was he meant to see?

It felt like a long forgotten dream. He tilted his head as the image of an infant flashed through his eyelids. The child was adorable, looking up at someone and giggling. Elijah felt dizzy from the images. He saw this child grow up,alone in a big home,surrounded by enemies. He saw the images of the kid growing until the age of 15 and then nothing, nothing but the image of a door was left. Elijah felt a tug then in his stomach,the familiar buzz of magic flowing through him made himself warm.

He shimmered a silver glow, dull but evident. His eye's closed, then there was not only one, but two of him, his double was almost transparent, he glowed a blue-silver shine. He evened out his breathing and he pictured the door, the door which held nothing inside, the double stood and turned, walking to the door. Elijah could see everything it saw, feel everything it touched. He was in two places at once.

In his head he saw it like a dream, a dream like movie that was so real, it was real. They were walking down the stairs, the double made no sound, he was weightless, his movements were graceful, he looked like he was floating, gliding down to the second floor, across to the door that he saw and that was empty, where he would keep something precious soon. The hallway was silent. Elijah furrowed his brows as he watched through the eyes of his double, his spirit image, if you must. He turned to look at the hallway entrance, he lifted his hand, pointing two fingers at the entrance. He mumbled something, something foreign but he understood it, 'cloak.'

He watched, it was as though he were there himself, he was the one kneeling by the foot of the door.

There was a sound and he turned. Synthia stepped out of her room and looked both left and right. Her eyes swept over the invisible double. Elijah paid no mind as she didn't move and she stared at the door. He knew she couldn't see, no matter what claim she had over him. His double drew a line over the door, up and down, side to side. A cross which glowed silver and then his name was drawn in an elegant handwriting, then two other names appeared underneath his own. Elijah smiled and made the double run his transparent hand over it.

The double stood up and put his palm on the centre of the cross, binding it all together, like a puzzle. Elijah sighed peacefully. Now he could rest, now his burden was lifted slightly. He wasn't done yet, but then for now he could forget, again. The double turned, Synthia still there, leaning against the door frame looking at the hallway entrance as if guarding,her expression that of mild confusion and slight worry.

Elijah pressed his finger to his forehead. The double burst into a million pieces, transparent and glass like, the pieces faded into a silver mist, molding into the walls and the ceiling. Synthia shook her head suddenly as though banishing a thought and turned back into her bedroom and shut the door with a mumble about being haunted.

~~×~~×~~

Morning came and Elijah stretched with a sigh. He furrowed his brow as he felt a sense of forgetting something, he thought to himself that there was something he had done,something which he forgot but was somehow very important. He chuckled, deciding that it was nothing or if it were something,he would remember eventually.

He then cuddled into his big handsome man's chest, pulling his leg up and resting it between his mans thighs. He heard the groan and he smiled with his eyes closed. He rubbed his leg over the tented fabric.