CHAPTER 24√

Donovan

He closed the door as softly as he could, so that he wouldn't wake Elijah. It was still dark out. He was still tired, he wanted nothing more than to go back to bed and cuddle his mate half to death, his wolf agreed wholeheartedly.

>We are the Alpha, they will understand, they have too! Vladimir whined at him.

>We can't abuse our title like that. We have to do this, think about Elijah, it will do him some good. Donovan reasoned and Vladimir only grumbled and huffed in agreement. Even though it has been 2 weeks since those rogues and the encounter with the other Caster who somehow possessed Fabio's body, things have been quiet but Donovan would not let his guard down, that's how bad things happen after all and he couldn't allow for a slip up, especially now. He was very possessive and protective of Elijah, even more than usual because, inside of him, life was growing. Donovan kept himself from panicking, he had yet to tell him, he was to afraid of his reaction to it, he didn't want to ruin anything, but soon he'd find out, he didn't want him to find out from someone else. He nodded to Cassia who came to guard him while he was gone.

He made his way down the stairs and he then heard a familiar giggle and paused, the lights were off but he could see considering his heightened senses. He looked at the couch and saw a pair of legs peaking out, they were at it again. He shook his head.

"Shh! " there was silence and Donovan folded his arms over his chest and stared at them," Quick! Hide! " he suppressed a laugh, honestly though, she knew he could hear everything, it was useless to even try and whisper.

"I can hear you, Carrin." she didn't speak.

"Snore, he'll think your asleep. " Donovan rolls his eyes.

"What ever you two are up too, I don't wana know!" he made a quick break as a moan echoed from their position and was out into the open. He took a deep breath, enjoying the cool and fresh air which fills his lungs. He stripped quickly and shifted into his pure white wolf with orange-yellow sunset eyes. He took his clothing into his mouth and ran for the Southern border.

Arson, Matt and Samantha turned in his direction as he arrived. He narrowed his eyes and they bowed their heads in submission. He shifted and pulled up his shorts.

"Where is Louis? " he asked.

"Kendal was in pain earlier and he was scared she might give birth any moment." Donovan nodded in understanding, soon it would be him. They split up and began patrolling but staying within the border. They sniff out any suspicious scents and look out for anything out of the ordinary for 4 hours, they simply watch. Donovan would randomly mark his territory as he went about his patrol.

>Donovan?

>Yes, baby?

>Where are you? I'm lonely. Donovan could imagine his adorable pout, his wolf whined, reaching out for his mate, wanting to comfort him.

>I'm doing patrol, babe, I will be there in a few.

>Okay. Donovan knew he would finally see how different he was acting. He would experience morning sickness soon, and already he was tired most of the day.

"Mate calls. " Donovan glared at Arson who grins.

"He's pregnant, what do you expect?"

"Have you told him yet? " Matt asked, he was still mateless but he never showed any signs of looking or longing for one.