CHAPTER 19√

Elijah

"Honey! " Elijah saw a man come out from the back seat, he had been the one to screech out and break the silence.

Elijah watched as the man seemed to go in slow motion. The blonde haired petite and undeniably gorgeous man ran at Donovan before jumping onto him and wrapping his slender legs around his waist. Donovan, no, Vladimir was caught of guard as the younger man slammed his mouth over his and Elijah's blood boiled in rage and all he saw was red.

How dare this stranger attack my man? Kiss him so freely in front of ME? Elijah jumped off the stairs just as Vladimir grabbed the man's waist and pushed he away. Elijah raised his hand and swept it across the air,causing the young man to fly into the air with a yelp, he landed against a tree and everything happened so fast.

"What the h-!" he yelled as he rubbed his head. Elijah was fuming as he stalked towards him. He glared at the unsuspecting man, the ground around him trembled slightly. Elijah made a circle of fire around him and the man freaked out. "Oh, god!"  his wide brown eyes connected with Elijah's angry silver ones." What-what-? "

"How dare you?"  Elijah didn't sound like himself but so much like himself, his voice was soft yet deadly, it radiated authority and power. The wolves there bowed, kneeling unconsciously while whimpering and bearing their necks for him. "You dare kiss what belongs to me?"  he demanded.

"I-I- W-What?" he whimpered. The fire rose with a roar which freaked him out even more. Elijah wanted nothing more than to kill him. Make him pay for this disrespect. The man was sweating profoundly.

"Elijah! Stop!"  It was a growl, and it was Vladimir. Elijah turned sharply towards him, fixing his silver gaze onto his green eyes.

"You defend...him? "

"No, but this isn't necessary. You don't have to do this."

"He needs to pay. " Elijah narrowed his eyes. Vladimir came to him and wrapped his arms around him.

"There is no need for this, you've made your point,"  he whispered. The fire went down. Elijah pushed him away and turned to the frightened little stranger who he'd nearly killed. His eyes were the brilliant blue again.

"I will kill you next time. " he promised the man before he turned and walked away. Everyone was quiet, they moved out of his way. His eyes met Carrin who smiled shakily. He didn't return the smile, he had no desire to,his angry fire was still brightly lit inside him.

He walked up to the last floor. He turned into an empty bedroom, one with a window facing the front of the pack mansion. He pushed away the curtains and watched as some pack members reluctantly went over to the man and helped him to stand, nervously glancing at the house as though Elijah would pop out unexpectedly and tell them not to help him. Elijah felt his blood boil. Yes, maybe he went over board, maybe he could have done that differently but then again, something about the situation infuriated him. Maybe he was being possessive, is all. But he couldn't deny how threatened he felt.

Elijah closed his eyes and tapped his ears three times. He looked down at them and concentrated.

"Are you okay, Kurt? " so that was his name.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine... Who was...that?"

"The Alpha's mate." His eyes widened and he looked to the car where Donovan spoke with his parents furious.

"How could you do this? What the hell were you thinking?"  Donovan fumed, his voice husky,rough and full of authority.