chapter seventeen ; back in l.a

-

NARRATOR POV

Cube recently left N.w.a. apparently Jerry is taking money? He even says he's stealing money from
me from my records that got million records sold. honestly I couldn't even believe it, I just can't believe he even left after everything? I get off my bed after staring at top of the ceiling for forty minutes listening to random music.

I walk inside of my rest room not to forget I got my own apartment since I didn't wanna live in Compton anymore, I brush my teeth and exit the rest room heading to the kitchen.

I'm watching TV by myself my phone rang for the second time since I ignored the first one.

"Fuck!"I yell loudly I pick up the phone and it ended up being Michel'le.

"Hey..Dannylynn. Are you coming to the studio? I'm gonna be there."She says in a weak voice E invited me but insisted not going.

"Fine,"

"Alright."

I grab a pair of washed blue baggy jeans with a graphic tee shirt that says 'L.A' putting on my high top converse and didn't do anything to my hair I drove to the studio entering no sign of Michel'le.

"You fuckin' came!"Ren dabs me up handing me a forty "I thought about it,"

Eric is sitting down talking with Dre he hasn't noticed me at all Me and Ren kept on talking.

"Yo you didn't tell me you was comin' ma,"Eric says loudly everyone looking at us. this is embarrassing.. It's embarrassing cause everyone's staring at the two of us.

"I thought about it."I gave him a little smile he gives me a small kiss on the cheek. He gently grabs my hand walking towards the sofa.

"Y'all dating now?"Dre smirked.

"No,"I said.

"Not yet."Eric smirks at him I put my hair in a low ponytail. "Where is she Dre?"Eric asked for Michel'le.

"I don't know!"He shouted.

"I didn't ask for that attitude ninja turtle looking ass."E roasts him i laugh a little. Michel'le wrote this song called "No More Lies." He caught another woman living inside her and Dre's house.

We all heard the door and Michel'le came inside the room everyone kept on staring at her that's until I noticed her bruises.. what the fuck? Everyone can see why she was late she's crying.

"Yo.."Eric whispers.

"What the fuck? Did Dre do this?"I whisper to Eric's ear he gives a small nod. He knew how Dre acted.

"You're late,"Dre scolded.

She just nodded and walked in the booth. Dre started the track and she began to sing.

"Why'd you stop?"Dre asked Michel'le. "I gave you this track a week ago, where is it?"

"Dre I just... I can't work like this,"She trembled.
"The hook isn't working."

"Well then make it work, you to stupid to do that?"Michel'le stared at him with fear in her eyes.

"Sing the song you stupid bitch!"

"Dre I can't!"She cries he ran inside the booth and started choking her. "You sing that shit. You sing it like you feel it or I'm gonna make you feel it when you get home."

My anger kicked in and stand walking towards the booth. Eric was about to say something until I spoke.

"Get your fucking hands off her!"I yell at him while Dre looks at me and up and down.

"Mind you're fucking business Danny!."

"No I don't want you hitting her anymore , aight? You a bitch for laying hands on a woman,"I said in a angry tone. "It's okay..Danny."She smiles weak. Everything calm down a little bit this is just wrong he plays the beats again.

(Baby don't you know)
We come too far to let it all end
I've told you over and over again
How I feel inside but if you go
Oh baby, there's something you should know Something you should know

There's something in my heartmy mind boof
(Something in my heart, something in my heart) Ooh, has got me hooked on you

-

We all calmed down in the studio all that shit with Michel'le and Dre is very messed up, I didn't know he hit her? She never told me just that he would cheat on her, Eric sat next to me giving me a little smile showing his small dimples.

"What?"

"I wanna ask you sum.."

"Aight..."

"Let's go on a date,"He said to me my heart started to pound when he said that sentence.

"For real?"

"Yeah baby."He said in his raspy voice I kiss my teeth looking down at my converse. "Sure.. where we going?"

"I'll tell you when I take you, wear whatever you want it doesn't matter you'll look good either way.. tonight?"He said to me this is gonna be hard to look for outfits I'm gonna wear for the date. "Tonight."

"Okay tonight,"I said to him Michel'le finished talking to Dre which I noticed I went up to her. "Hey.. Danny."

"Michel'le you need to leave him,"I told her straight up with a angry look.

"Im not..He loves me and I love him."She smiled weakly she's hurt. We kept on talking about him until she brought something up.

"What about you and e? I saw him flirting with you,"She brings something up. "He asked me on a date."She gets all excited and giggles.

"To where?"

"He said to wear whatever I want it doesn't really matter what does he mean?.."I said softly looking back he was staring at me. I faced her.

"He's taking you somewhere probably chill like the beach or a restaurant I have bunch of cute clothes we'll leave in a minute, but I think he's taking you somewhere definitely chill,"She said to me i gave her a smile.

"Okay.."

"We'll leave in a bit I'm gonna talk to Dre okay?"She leaves me by self.

"I'm gonna leave I'll see you tonight,"Eric comes by giving me a hug. "Okay.."I whisper.

Why all of sudden I'm getting shy?! This is so weird....