Ch.7 : What happened kiddo ?

A loud clacking sound erupted from the kitchen which sounded like vessels dropping. "Mr. Stark ??" , called out Rose. "In here kiddo", replied a voice followed by a fit of cough. Rose wheeled towards the area where the sound came from as the smoke cleared slowly to reveal a disheveled Tony coughing loudly and a black utensil lying on the kitchen floor. "What the -....what exactly are you trying to do Mr. Stark ?", asked Rose astonishingly. "Cooking rice", replied Tony as Rose looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Uhh.......trying to cook rice?", Tony replied in a more questioning way as Rose tried to control her laughter. "So you can make an iron man armour but can't cook some rice", asked Rose stifling a laugh. "Hahaha...very funny kid", replied Tony in a sarcastic way but grinned nonetheless. "Wait here..let me wash my face.", said Tony as he went to the sink.

As Tony returned Rose turned towards him only to make Tony freeze on his track. Rose gave an unsure confused look. Suddenly Tony's face lost the toothy grin and was replaced by a dead serious look. "What happened to your head?" , asked Tony in a slow and deep voice..totally different from what Rose heard just a few minutes back. On the other hand Rose had completely forgotten about her cut. Although she had planned exactly what to say if she was asked about it...Rose found herself at a loss of words as she opened and closed her mouth a few times. "What happened to your head kiddo", asked Tony again patiently and more gently but with the same tone if voice. A tone which showed what??...concern, worry, anger ??...he couldn't name it and so did Rose. "Uhh I-I fell down umm at the metro station while going down the wheelchair ramp. Yeah....and g-got the cut", replied Rose as she cursed herself for stuttering. "Are you sure ?" , asked Tony as he stepped a little closer to the girl and it didn't go unnoticed how she backed away into her wheelchair. And that action if hers sent a pang to his heart as he stepped back to his original position. Did he cross his line??..why did she back away?...did he make her uncomfortable?..a thousand thoughts ran on his mind. He was brought back from his daze as Rose called him. "Mr. Stark..are you alright ?", asked Rose. "It's me who should ask you this kiddo" , replied Tony with soft look as he saw a thin stream of blood starting to run down her head. " Your wound is bleeding. C'mon let's change the bandages" , said Tony wheeling Rose to the Medbay and getting the supplies. " You don't have to worry about it Mr. Stark I can wound it myself, really", said Rose. "Nope, I don't wanna risk you getting an infection", replied Tony as he called a doctor to replace the bandages. As the bandages were being removed, Tony cursed at how deep the cut was just by its look. " You had a pretty hard fall didn't you ?", asked Tony..still not believing the story told by Rose completely but trying to diffuse the tension. To his luck Rose smiled a bit. The doctor finished wounding the cut and Tony wheeled her to the penthouse. Rose had stopped trying to ask him to let her wheel herself cause it was evident Mr. Stark won't let her do it herself. It felt good to be wheeled around. It made her regular conditions a tad bit more fun. "Aren't we going to the lab Mr. Stark ?", asked Rose . "First you eat something , gain a lot if strength and then we work", replied Tony. Oh how good it felt to be cared by someone. It was almost like having a father but this thought suddenly scared Rose. She was getting too comfortable. What if Mr. Stark thought she was a freak for thinking this way and fires her.

Just as her thoughts were going haywire the elevator gave a sound indicating them reaching the penthouse. After a few minutes both Rose and Tomy found themselves on the dining table surrounded by turkey sandwiches and juice. "Aren't we suppose to have some salad or stuffs with a busted head", asked Rose with a raised eyebrow. "Do you want to have brocolli soup", replied back Tony in the same sarcastic tone. "......Nah I'm good", said Rose as she started digging in her food. She could feel Tony's eyes travelling to her forehead every now and then but decided to ignore it for her own good. On the other hand Tony's thougts wondered back to what the doctor said at the medbay when Rose was busy taking her painkillers
*FLASHBACK*
"Umm...Mr. Stark..do you have any idea how she got the cut?", asked the doctor, worry dripping her tone which further worried Tony. "She said she somehow managed to fall down her wheelchair...why?", replied Tony. "I might be wrong but her cut doesn't seem like one from a normal fall. It's more like.........someone hit her.", said the doctor. Tony's heart almost felt like it stop beating in the chest. Why would someone hit such an innocent sweet child. She was so fragile and childish and full of kiddish sweetness....but....somewhere even withing that he couldn't deny he found traces of fear and sadness. Maybe she did fall down..maybe he was just overthinking....maybe she did hit her head really hard.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
Tony didn't feel so good........