Ch.17: Our Daughter??

"Stop going hard on yourself Buck", said Steve keeping a hand of concern on his friend's shoulder. "Yes Bucky.... you're overthinking...maybe she just needed some time",  said Thor in a soft tone to the super soldier who sat distressed on the couch. Bucky had been like this ever since he came to know about Rose. Why hadn't he understood all this earlier ...if only he did...maybe he could have saved her from so much damage. It reminded him of his past....of when he was helpless and lonely....he could almost feel what Rose felt when she got those hits.Lonely....alone.....scared...terrible...something no kid should have to go through... especially someone so innocent as Rose. She reminded him of his sister back at home before Hydra. What did she do to deserve all this??....all he needs is her parents in his hand and he swears to go he would.......His thoughts were interrupted by the ding from the elevator. In came Loki Tony and....Rose. Her small figure and bandaged body sent shivers down his spine....he was not ready to speak to her...he was afraid to hurt her by mistake. As much as he wanted Rose to trust him , he found himself unable to show his true emotions to her.

On the other hand as soon as Rose entered the penthouse the first thing she noticed was Bucky....a look of mixed emotions on his face. She could not really figure it out. Was it disappointment or hatred.....did he not like her anymore. As soon as Bucky noticed her he stood up from his couch. No one spoke anything knowing both Rose and Bucky needed their time. It was filled with a heavy silence. Rose expected to be scoffed at by Bucky...or worse...getting shouted at, whereas all Bucky wanted was to find the right words to make the girl comfortable . As Bucky opened his mouth to speak, he was interrupted by the crash of something inside the closed elevator doors followed by a series of curse words thrown by a woman and a man. As the door opened in came Nat and Sam. The collar of the shirts of a man in Nat's left hand and a woman in her right hand. Throwing them on the ground with a thud Sam said, " Here they are...Mr. and Mrs. Jackass....how are you Rose ??". It didn't take Rose anytime to recognise who these people were. Her parents....the same people who tortured her for ages....the same people who probably aren't gonna see the next year's of their lives quite nicely with how all the avengers's faces now shifted from a comforting look to that of pure hatred and anger. Bruce was slightly green but tried his best to not loose control. Each one of them looked as if they wanted to rip that man and woman apart ....and they probably did.

"I-I am good....better now.", said Rose. "Not gonna lie I am sad you didn't tell us earlier but I can understand... don't worry tho shits are just beginning", said Natasha...the Russian assassin in her taking over her motherly instinct with the click of a finger. "This one time I ain't asking you to maintain your language", said Steve. By now all the Avengers had taken a stand round Rose sensing her discomfort at the entrance of her parents. "What the hell is going on", asked Rose's Dad. "No hell is going on... it's about to be brought on you", said Pietro. "You seriously are not going to believe this sick brat....You told them about us didn't you??", asked Rose's mother. Rose didn't reply...instead she put her head down clutching the hands of her wheelchair in fear. "SPEAK WHEN YOU ARE SPOKEN TO", screamed her father so loudly that it made her jump and go back further into her wheelchair as she clutched her eyes shut . "SHE SPEAKS WHEN SHE FUCKING WANTS TO", came a loud voice. Opening her eyes Rose saw Bucky standing in front of her now. She could not help but smile at his protective tone. Rose was now sure that everything was back to normal between her and Bucky and she hadn't lost an elder brother. "Now tell me.......why did you do something so terrible to your own blood...your own daughter ??", asked Tony..all his emotions lacing his words. "We did not do anything...she is lying", said her mom faking crocodile tears. "Her scars tell a whole different story Miss.", said Steve. Loki followed with his voice as cold as ice, "Now if you kindly tell why you did that". "Or else we have quite a few ways to make you say", said Clint.

Rose's father replied with a disgusting smirk on his face," You really think we would have done anything as such if she was our daughter ?".