Heal at the Inn

Rengoku headed to a nearby inn with the wisteria symbol displayed outside. He rushed inside. "I would like your assistance please. And a doctor." a woman led Rengoku to a room and left to get a doctor. Rengoku placed Haku delicately into the futon. Her breathing was shallow, but she had regained consciousness. Haku reached her hand to Rengoku who knelt beside her. He took it into his own as she spoke. "Kyojuro, this is on me ok. I should've been more cautious." he was not convinced. "I'm a hashira. I should have been more attentive. You haven't been a slayer for long." Haku smirked a little. "I have fought an upper rank." It was true. She managed to behead Daki with everyone's help. "Besides, I'm just exhausted is all. I'll live. Douma didn't attack at full power since I had to be alive." Rengoku was not so sure about that. Her shirt was torn from her body and her haori was the only cover she had. Rengoku's blood boiled. A demon had tried to have his way with her. When the doctor came into the room to attend to Haku, Rengoku headed to see if the demon was still there.

Douma had already left the cult knowing multiple hashira would be sent after him. Sanemi had been nearby and investigated the cult with Rengoku. Nearly a week passed before Haku could move again. She stood next to Sanemi in a field near the inn, stretching her stiff muscles. The two alternated checking the cult for the upper rank and watching Haku. "Sanemi, spar with me a little." Sanemi was about to protest, but Haku's pleading eyes changed his mind. The two took up stances and clashed swords. Sanemi was obviously holding back significantly, but Haku managed pretty well. The two stopped once they could see Rengoku walking towards them. "Sanemi-san, I hope you're not pushing her too hard." Sanemi sighed. "She challenged me. I think she needs more rest." Haku frowned a little. He worried about her too much. Rengoku was able to tell her moves were still stiff. She was breathing heavily despite only sparring a short time. Using so much power had drained her quite a bit. "I've been called away, and so has Sanemi-san. You are to wait here until Iguro-san arrives for you." Haku blinked. Obanai was coming? Sadly, she did not consider him an eligible bachelor as he was destined for Mitsuri Kanroji. She was excited to see his snake Kaburamaru. Haku went back to the inn and waved goodbye to Sanemi first. Rengoku lingered behind. He took her hand in his. "Please stay safe for me. Iguro-san should only be a few days away, and I will return to you as quickly as I can." Haku blushed. "I- I'll be fine." she stuttered embarrassed. Rengoku smiled, pleased to make her a blushing mess. He waved goodbye and left as well.

Haku crept out of the inn after the innkeeper went to bed. Rengoku and Sanemi had terrified him to the point he forbade Haku from going outside. She wanted to go out and train and regain strength. She found herself out in the fields farther from the village then the one she had sparred with Sanemi in. She was minding her own practicing slashes and recovery breathing. She finished up and laid down in the soft grass, looking up at the full moon above. She was reveling in the silence when rustling grass caught her attention. She turned towards the sound and found Akaza standing nearby. "And I thought I was silent." Haku had barely heard him. She internally rolled her eyes. Great, and right after she had been warned to be careful. of course this would happen.  "Its not windy enough." She stated. The night had been still, so the rustle was not mistaken for the wind. Akaza shrugged. "No matter. I'd ask you to come quietly, but I'm sure that's not gonna happen, hm?" Haku stood up and was about to draw her blade, but Akaza was on her, flinging her blade across the field. He grabbed her arms and threw her to the ground with enough force it knocked the breath from her. Haku's body was still weak. There was no way she could use Tori to Uke. She grew still and Akaza hummed with slight approval before scooping her up.