Haku in the Hut

Akaza carried the white haired girl in his arms as he sped through the forest. She squirmed around trying to break from his hold. Douma did a number on her he could tell. She had not even used her breathing style while training in the field. Akaza had watched her for some time before he approached. Her movements were beautiful, the way her white hair shone in the moonlight was mesmerizing. "If I drop you from up here you'll surely die." He warned as she began to fight harder. Haku looked down and frowned. "Who says. Maybe I'd be fine. It'd be against your morals for me to die under your watch anyway." Akaza stopped, standing on a tree branch dozens of feet above the ground. "And just how do you know that?" Haku relaxed into his arms. "I know plenty. About you, and the other Kizuki. About Muzan too. He's nothing but a spineless coward. Sending all of you to do his dirty work." Akaza narrowed his eyes. "It'd be best you not let Lord Muzan hear you speak like that." Haku scoffed. "He probably already has given he can see through your eyes anytime he wants." How did this woman know so much? No wonder Muzan desired her. And her scent. That was something beyond tempting. "So we gonna stand here all day or what?" Haku's tone was chastising, but she had wrapped her arms around Akaza's neck and was looking nervously at the ground. Akaza chuckled. "Scared of heights after all." Haku puffed her cheeks, embarrassed. "So what!" Akza started moving again. He noticed the sun starting to peak over the horizon. He needed to get them somewhere away from the sun.

Akaza brought the pair to a small abandoned hut in the dense forest. He slipped inside and placed Haku on the ground. Haku leaned against the wall of the hut. "Perfect time to run." She commented. Akaza placed himself between her and the door. "Good luck with that. I don't need to sleep and you're unarmed. You'd never overpower me with raw strength." Haku thought about using her with form, but her muscles were still damaged from using it on Douma twice. She shivered at the thought of him. He and his rainbow eyes were attractive, but the sadistic way he treated her like a toy was terrifying. Akaza noticed her unnerved expression. For some reason, seeing her like that both bothered and excited him. "Be a good girl and I won't tie you up." Haku was brought back to the situation at hand. "Thanks. I'll keep that in mind." Haku turned her head to stare out of the small crack in the wall. She could see the outside, the sun's rays reaching in. She did not want to kill Akaza. He was likely the most redeemable of them all. "Did you even want to be a demon, Akaza?" She a;ready knew the answer, but she wanted the demon to realize it himself. Akaza was silent for a while. "I live to fight and as a demon I can fight forever." Haku glanced at him before returning to looking through the crack. "That didn't answer my question." "Then tell me why you care." Akaza spoke seriously. Haku looked him in the eyes. "Do you know what the name 'Haku' means? Many think 'white' or 'pure' but my father wanted to give me a masculine name with a better meaning. The kanji he chose make my name mean 'clear sky'. Akaza could be read as 'red cushion' or something of the sort, but Muzan chose the name to mean 'castrated dog sitting in a pit' because as soon as he made you a demon, you were his. That's all any of you are to him. Pawns, toys. He's a coward who fears death more than anything." Akaza's face transitioned from one of rage to nothing as she spoke. It was true. Not once did Muzan care to handle a hashira on his own. He never did not care when Daki and Gyuutaro died. Daki's name was a horrible one too. Why did he become a demon? Akaza ruminated on these things for some time. When he thought to pay attention to the woman with him again, she was asleep. Sitting up with her white hair covering her face. Akaza moved towards her and tucked her hair behind her ear. He felt a strange urge to protect her as well as some unknown force willing him to do so. A force far closer to him than anything. A force he could not remember. The name this woman had thrown his whole world with when they met. Koyuki.