Haku vs Douma

Haku just caught the lifeless eyes of a woman as she was absorbed into Douma. She gritted her teeth, hating she had been too late. "Well now, it's my lucky day. Keeping eyes on you has proven difficult. Akaza keeps destroying all of Nakime's little eyes." Haku debated on running for it, but she knew she was unlikely to make it out into the sun before being caught. "I'm positive no one was following me, so what is upper moon 2 doing out here?" Douma waved his fan. "Well, Lord Muzan has ordered us to lay low so where better to find some food. I was quite surprised to find such a beautiful woman out here. Now you come walking in!" He narrowed his eyes, becoming more serious. "Now then, time for you to come with me." Haku dodged an oncoming icicle. She used the wall to propel herself at Douma and slashed, hitting only air as the demon easily dodged. The air around her grew cold, and she had to hold her breath and jump back. Douma appeared behind her, and she was just able to twist and slash the demon's chest before retreating to the otherside of the room. The wound healed instantly as expected. "Naughty girl." douma scolded. Haku gripped her sword tighter. He was mostly playing with her. Her options were limited. Akaza would be unable to make it here due to the daylight, and no slayer would be coming. She was not expected at Gyomei's for a day still. She took a deep breath. Sorry Akaza, emergency. "Inyo breathing: Tenth form: Rokkon Shojo!" the air around her stilled and her senses heightened. Douma narrowed his eyes and covered his face with his fan. Something was very different here. Haku leapt forward with extreme speed. "Inyo breathing: second form: Kukan!" she was able to find the tiniest opening in the demon's stance and slashed it. Blood gushed from the wound and Douma seemed shocked. He jumped back away from Haku. "What is this now? I won't have you being a bully." He used his blood demon art to make 4 little ice Douma's. He sent them at Haku who sliced each one easily. Douma started freezing the air again, and Haku was able to instinctively avoid the cold areas. She managed to slice Douma again. His face darkened as he became more agitated. Haku danced around the room dodging the onslaught of ice. She ignored the scratches given to her when Douma used his scattering lotuses. She could not dodge each and every petal, but she avoided those that would cause severe damage. Blue blood seeped from the shallow wounds on her arms and legs. She came in for another attack. "Inyo breathing, first form: forming clouds of change!" She had aimed for the head, but Douma moved too quickly and Haku only managed to slice through his chest. Douma sent Haku flying into the wall with a wave of his fan. She instantly jumped forwards into her next attack. "Inyo breathing, ninth form: kyojitsu." She created an afterimage of herself which Douma attacked. She took the chance to go for his head. "Inyo breathing, third form: unification of Kon and Haku." She hit the neck. Douma's eyes widened. Haku gritted her teeth. Push, you can do it. BEHEAD HIM! Icy vines wrapped around her and her body was yanked backwards. She twisted and cut herself out of the icy vines. Douma's wound on his neck was already healing. She had gotten about halfway through the demon's neck. Haku went to attack again and her body locked up. Pain scorched through every muscle and she hit her knees, breath ragged. Time was up on Rokkon Shojo. Tears pricked her eyes. She had almost done it. She was lifted up into the air by icy vines that dug into her skin. Douma walked up to her, tapping his fan on his chin. "Now that was quite interesting. You're much stronger than our last encounter, but alas you can't beat me." Haku glared daggers at him, unable to spit the insults she wanted to due to the pain in her chest. Douma stroked her cheek. "Come now little lotus, such a sour look." He undid the vines around her and took her into his arms. Haku struggled feebly, hardly able to move her body. Douma licked a scratch on her cheek where blue blood had streamed down it. "And you gave this to Akaza. I am quite impressed he conceded with his silly little morals and all." Haku turned her face away, not wanting to look at the demon. He roamed her body with one hand. "Even with all these cuts you are quite beautiful." Haku was struggling to stay conscious. Black spots danced in her vision. She pulled back her head and slammed it into Douma's face. The demon was practically unfazed and only laughed. "How cute." He spoke teasingly. The headbutt was the last straw for Haku, and she was drugged into the abyss.

Akaza was following the route Haku was to take to her next training. He had just finished dealing with another of Nakime's eyes that had been searching for Haku. he hoped Haku had found a small village before night had come. Suddenly he picked up her scent. Her blood! Akaza rushed towards the smell of her blood. It guided him to a small hut tucked in an overhang deep in the forest. He flung the door of the hut open. It was empty aside from splotches of red blood and little areas of blue. He snarled at the smell the red blood carried. Douma. He punched the side of the house, causing the wall to crumble. He had promised to protect Haku and instead he let that disgusting mongrel touch her again. He turned and started heading to the Rengoku estate. He had to let them know Haku was gone, and there was no way he could handle saving her alone. He moved as fast as he possibly could, not stopping until he smelt the flame hashira. He was out on patrol. Akaza headed towards him. He came upon him walking in an alleyway. Akaza jumped from roof to roof until he landed in front of him. Kyojuro narrowed his eyes, but did not go for his sword. "Akaza, why are you not with Haku?" Akaza stared at the hashira silently for a moment. "She's been taken by upper moon 2 while I was dealing with Muzan's eyes." Kyojuro hardened his stare. "So you failed to protect her." Akaza was visibly stung. He gritted his teeth. He could not argue against it. He could have even traveled in the day with her had he accepted doses of her blood, but he hated the idea of constantly taking from her what she was already giving to create weapons against Muzan. Kyojuro could sense his guilt and see his grief. He decided not to push anymore. He closed his eyes a moment then turned swiftly. "Alright, I must alert Oyakata-sama immediately as well as the other hashira." 

Haku was again floating in a dream. She saw the face of Yoiichi once again as she had before so long ago. "You've become a fine slayer." he had a soft smile on his face that dissipated to a more serious look. "The time is coming when many fates rest on your shoulders. My spirit will stay with you. Remember that. Muzan will meet his end I'm certain." And just like that the dream faded back to darkness