Chapter 31-35

31|Chapter Thirty-one
Word count: 6372Add    to bookmark

A+A-

    Fall in love with you Kanshu.com 630book, the fastest update of the latest chapter of The Cold Wave of Rebirth in the End Times!

    The daughter-in-law of the villager Gu Yong's family got up in the morning to open the door, and found that the door was blocked by heavy snow. She turned around and wanted to find a tool to push the snow away. The sundries at home are all placed in the father-in-law's room, anyway, the father-in-law doesn't need much space to live alone.

    My father-in-law usually gets up before dawn, but today seems a bit late.

    She pushed open the door, and saw her father-in-law lying on the ground in the direction of the door, motionless, his face pale and stiff, his eyes bulging and wide, and his hands stretched forward.

    "Ah... ah..." She screamed in fright.

    "What's going on?"

    Hearing his daughter-in-law's cry, Gu Yong put on his clothes and crawled out of the bed. He didn't even have time to put on his pants. When he ran out, he saw his father lying on the ground. His father was already frozen to death, he had not breathed for a long time, and he had obviously been dead for a long time.

    "Dad, dad, what's the matter with you..."

    The old man probably got up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, accidentally fell to the ground and broke his leg, and couldn't get up. After that, the temperature dropped suddenly and he was frozen, and then he gradually stopped breathing. The old man tried to call for help, but his frozen body prevented him from crawling or even shouting.

    Last night, after Gu Yong woke up from the cold, he only built a brazier in his own room and added a quilt. The weather was too cold, so he was lazy and didn't go to his father's room to check. I always feel that his father looks so good on weekdays, he will definitely make a fire and add a quilt when he is cold, so he doesn't need to bother.

    He didn't expect that it was just this moment of laziness that made his father freeze to death at night.

    Thinking of his father's kindness to him, his mother's early death, and the old man's painstaking efforts to raise him as both a father and a mother, the more he thought about it, the more sad he became, and he couldn't help but feel sad, so he burst into tears.

    The empty mountain village in the morning echoed the cries of Gu Yong's couple. The neighbors were awakened by the sound, and they all got up to check.

    After dawn, the snow slowed down, but the weather forecast on the radio said that there would be continuous heavy snow for the next week. A lot of snow fell on the roofs and yards of every house. The villagers were all wearing thick cotton clothes, and when the snow was not heavy, they quickly took out their tools and started clearing the snow.

    Several families living on the mountain and those living in the ancestral hall also came out to sweep the snow. Gu and Song's family took care of the old man and the women's relatives, and everyone else came out to sweep the snow, and the main sweepers were still Song Yi and the four of them. The four are responsible for cleaning the roof and the greenhouse, while Gu Pa and Xiao Chuan Lin Yuanxing are responsible for the snow in the yard.

    There is no sun today, and the outside temperature is estimated to be in the minus twenty degrees, and the weather is cold. The Gu family, father and son, and Lin Yuanxing were all fully armed with leather hats (the kind that cover the forehead and ears), thick scarves, gloves, down jackets (must be thicker, light and thin are useless), old cotton trousers, and cotton boots. The whole person was wrapped up like a ball, and he moved outside with difficulty to start cleaning.