35. you make me really nervous

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE.
narrative and instagram

iowa v. minnesota: december 10, 2022
final score: 87-64, iowa wins
carver-hawkeye arena

I didn't see Kate before the game. Leah and I practically booked it to our seats, much to my decision. I was focused on her the entire game though. Even when she wasn't playing, my eyes were trained on the back of her fucking head. I was that mesmerized by her.

After the game, Leah and I made our way through one of the tunnels leading to the locker room. We normally met up with an assistant coach to get us through there without any problems.

My hands were shaking as we waited for the girls to come out after Bluder was done with them. I was visibly nervous. I couldn't stand still either and it was bothering Leah.

"I love you, but you're nervousness is making me nervous. Please, try to take it down a notch," she says, placing her hand on my arm and I nod.

I take a few deep breaths as Bluder and Jan both wave and say hi as they pass us. We do the same, watching a few of the girls start to come from the locker room. Caitlin hugs Leah tightly, the two of them beginning to talk. My eyes are glued on the locker room doors, waiting for Kate.

I tell most, if not all of the girls good game when they pass me, not really letting my eyes leave the locker room. When she walks out, my heart starts beating really quick. Out of the corners of my eyes, I see Caitlin and Leah look at me, but I don't take my eyes off of Kate.

She stops when she sees me, pressing her lips together as she looks around. There's something going on in that mind of hers and I would do anything to figure out what it is.

Kate steps up to me, pulling my body into her arms. Quickly, I melt in to her embrace as my eyes fill with tears. She doesn't hate me. She squeezes me tightly, "I'm so sorry, baby, I'm sorry," she whispers, my shoulders shaking slightly. I might seem a little pathetic to the people around us.

I shake my head a little as she pulls back, cupping my cheeks immediately. Most of the people around us are those we know. Before I know it, her lips are on mine. She wasn't bothering to keep our relationship low-key anymore, it was obvious.

After a few seconds, she pulls away and grabs my hand, "Come here," she says softly and I nod, following her toward the locker room. I see Caitlin and Leah smiling as we walk away.

I wipe away any tears when we get inside. Kate stares at me, "I didn't mean to make you cry," she tells me gently.

Shrugging my shoulders, I shake my head, "I thought you hated me and I thought you weren't going to talk to me again," I say, staring at my feet. "I can't live without you, Kate. It feels like I can't breathe without you."

A few more tears fall onto my cheeks. Kate places her hand under my chin, lifting my head gently so I'll look at her, "I'm sorry for being so stupid," she says, wiping my tears gently with her thumbs, "God, I am so in love with you, Freya."

Those words make me want to keep her forever. She's mine, I'm hers. I don't know how we could live apart. The two of us are completely infatuated with each other.

This time, I push myself up to be able to reach her lips. Her hands find my waist as my hands cup her cheeks. The kiss is soft and we pull away, resting our foreheads against the other.

"I am so in love with you too, Kate."

freyarogers

liked by casrogers and others freyarogers, think you're everything i've wanted <3

freyarogers, think you're everything i've wanted <3

(officially my second coming out. i'm a lesbian so stop saying i have a bf!)
tagged, katemartin03

view comments. . .

monika_czinano, HARD LAUNCH WHATTTT

username1, STOP THEY'RE SO CUTE

username2, song tease in the caption????

caitlinclark22, moms ‼️
comment liked by freyarogers and katemartin03

jadagyamfi, GHSJ MY PARENTS 👩‍👩‍👧
comment liked by freyarogers and katemartin03

phoebebridgers, i love the gays
— freyarogers, literally me too ‼️

florencesamuelsofficial, my girls <3
comment liked by freyarogers and katemartin03

username3, unfollowed 😒

username4, DJJSJ SOMEONE CALLED IT ON HER LIVE TOO 😭😭

katemartin03, my forever girl 🤍
— freyarogers, shit forever? where's my ring baby?

leahreynolds, literally my favorite couple ever (besides keegs and flo, my literal parents)
comment liked by freyarogers and katemartin03

vancityreynolds, I love that I knew about this.
— freyarogers, much love ry guy

authors note
i love this chapter
and yes freya calls
ryan "ry guy" now bc i
said so.