38. burying your things inside my bedroom

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

instagram and narrative

december 28, 2022: iowa city, iowa

freyarogers

liked by taylorswift and othersfreyarogers, actual therapy + girlfriend + bowie = the three forms of therapytagged, katemartin03

freyarogers, actual therapy + girlfriend + bowie = the three forms of therapy
tagged, katemartin03

view comments. . .

username1, i love her and kate sm

monika_czinano, here for bowie and that's it
— freyarogers, i mean... i get why... but im offended.

blakelively, such cute girls ❤️
comment liked by freyarogers

username2, ok but who is kate?? never heard of her

username3, ALBUM SOON???
— freyarogers, 🙈🙈

username4, hot girls go to therapy ‼️
comment liked by freyarogers

leahreynolds, you're too obsessed with kate
— freyarogers, i KNOW you are not talking rn.

While Kate was at practice, I had to run to the jewelry store. Call it copying, but I was also getting her a necklace and a ring. I grabbed her a gold necklace with an "F" pendent on it and then a gold band. It's thin and simple since I knew a diamond wouldn't quite fit her. She's not a big jewelry person unless someone she loves buys it for her, then she'll never take it off.

Practice was almost out when I got back to my apartment. I was able to put the gifs in a bag with a card that she would open last.

The door to my apartment opens when I'm sitting on the couch with Bowie. Keegan, who came home for Christmas, is with Florence in her room and they're both asleep. I hear Kate's bag in the ground by the door, "Where's my beautiful girlfriend?" she asks.

My cheeks turn red as I get up from my spot and walk quickly past the kitchen to get to her, "Hi, baby," I say with a grin. I wrap my arms around her neck as if I hadn't seen her in so long. She literally stayed the night last night.

Kate peppers my face with soft kisses before finally pressing a kiss to my lips. God, how could I fall even more in love with her?

Bowie jumps up on her legs. Eventually, we both pull away and she bends down to scratch his head. Even Bow loves her.

I run toward the living room real quick to grab her gifts. "Merry Christmas!" I exclaim, placing the gifts on the counter. The only thing not wrapped is a blanket because I couldn't find a box to put it in. Kate was always complaining about being cold.

"You can take this one to your dorm and I ordered one for you to keep here. It hasn't come in yet," I tell her with a smile.

She grins widely, pulling the tissue paper out of the bag after running her hands along the fuzzy blanket. She looks at me upon seeing the jewelry boxes in the bag and she shake her head a bit, pulling each one out.

Kate opens the necklace first and I pull the one she got me up from where the pendent is hidden under my sweatshirt, "Now, we both have one."

She lets out a couple of soft chuckles, opening the ring next. Kate just stares at it for a little bit. Her eyes still on it, she extends her arm to me, motioning for me to come to her. I take a few steps toward her and she wraps me into her side, kissing my head.

"I love you," she whispers.

I look up at her, pressing a quick kiss to her jaw, "I love you too."

I grab the necklace I got her, slipping out of her grasp to go behind her. She lifts her hair so I can put the necklace on her, "There's one more thing in the bag," I tell her when I get the clasp secured and step back to her side.

She grabs the card in the bottom and rips the envelope carefully. It's a simple Christmas card and when she opens it, her mouth falls open.

"Taylor Swift tickets?" she asks, a smile on her face.

I shrug my shoulders, biting my bottom lip in hopes to hide my smile, "Just a little something since Leah and I were both going to be there anyway."

"Who's all going?"

I hum softly, "Just you, Caitlin, Florence, Keegan, Monika, and Jada," I tell her, "Oh, Leah and I are gonna join you guys when I'm off stage."

Kate shakes her head and squeezes me tightly, "You're amazing."

authors note
i love them but
i hate everything i
write rn