Chapter 34: Seeking Answers

The Legion's Tower, Omega Earth

.

"I will claim this world soon, hero. In the name of the true king of the Radiants. When the time comes, all worlds will crumble, and from their destruction, a new world will rise. New Radinthon. A world that only knows... peace!"

.

As Brimstone and Cypher huddled around the looping security footage, the urgency in the room grew palpable.

"This doesn't add up. We need to find Omen," Brimstone grumbled, his eyes fixed on the perplexing images.

Cypher leaned closer to the screen, his sharp analytical mind at work. "I've checked every spot in the tower. Nothing tells me where he went. Thermal sensors, energy signals... nothing."

Just then, Sova walked into the office with a solemn expression. "I've scoured the vicinity. No sign of him. No traces left behind either."

Glitch, deep in thought, chimed in, "Whoever that was, he was stronger than any Radiant I've seen."

Yoru couldn't resist a sarcastic remark, "Well, that's a shocker."

Skye, not in the mood for sarcasm, nudged Yoru's shoulder harshly. "Show some respect. This is serious."

Skye's worry resonated with the group. "What concerns me most is the one pulling the strings. We could be dealing with someone far more powerful."

Breach, with a puzzled expression, ventured, "Was he really a Radiant?"

KAY/O, always analytical, added, "I detected traces of Radiant energy at the scene. It wasn't Glitch's or Omen's."

Viper, deep in thought and concern for her missing lover, mumbled, "Fred... Where are you?"

Sage, ever the comforting presence, placed a reassuring hand on Viper's shoulder. "We'll find him, Viper. Don't lose hope."

Fade, her gaze still locked onto the footage, pondered aloud, "I've never seen a Radiant so powerful before."

Astra, always insightful, shared her thoughts, "There's a limit to the power a human body can handle when becoming a Radiant. But what if... the impostor wasn't human?"

Chamber, intrigued, pressed further, "Because Omen's body wasn't human?"

Astra considered the possibilities, her voice tinged with uncertainty, "It's a possibility, but perhaps it wasn't Omen's body after all. It could be that the impostor was never human to begin with, but rather another race that could have an affinity with Radianite. A race from the outer world."

All eyes fixated on Astra, anticipation hanging in the air as they awaited further explanation. However, the tension was abruptly interrupted by a distress signal originating from Europe. Brimstone nodded at Cypher, who swiftly moved to the controls to establish a connection. A holographic projection materialized, revealing a man clad in military attire.

"Legion, this is Lieutenant Delacroix. Come in," the officer's urgent voice resonated through the room.

"We read you, Lieutenant," Brimstone responded promptly, a hint of concern etching his features.

The Lieutenant wasted no time, plunging into the dire situation. "We have reason to believe that France is on the brink of a catastrophe similar to the one on Portugal. We lack the necessary Radianite to construct a protective dome for Paris," he explained, his tone laden with worry.

Brimstone, his hands resting heavily on the table, inquired, "How much time do we have?"

"Doctor Pontes estimates we have a mere two weeks before the threat becomes imminent. We'll need the Radianite by the end of this week to make it in time," the Lieutenant replied.