Chapter Twenty Nine

(W: VERY SLIGHTLY MATURE THEMES)

☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩

The next morning, Pearl woke up to the feeling of someone brushing through her hair and leaving light kisses along her forehead.

She hummed quietly, enjoying the feeling, and snuggled closer in the warmth coming from beneath her.

"Pearl, baby." Seth's voice whispered close to her ear, she could feel his warm breath on her neck. "You ready to get up?" He continued to comb his fingers through her short hair.

"Ten more minutes." Pearl mumbled, relaxing further into his chest.

"I think the others will be up by then," Seth protested. "And I want you all to myself today." He went back to littering her face with kisses that tickled her cheeks, light giggles falling off her lips at the feeling.

"Mmkay then." She sighed and stretched her arms above her, Seth catching them in the air and pecking both of them.

"What's got you in a good mood today?" Pearl had never seen Seth so affectionate, especially surrounded by all of his brothers.

"Just happy I get to spend to whole day with my beautiful girl on her birthday." Seth shrugged as Pearl finally blinked her tired eyes open and was met with a smile brighter than the sun shining back down on her.

"Oh, right." She nodded and tried to close her eyes again, but her very comfy mattress started to move beneath her.

"Come on, I promise it'll be worth it." Seth cooed as he gently placed his hands on her underarms to lift her up to her fit.

"Se-!" Pearl tried to protest but her words were cut off from Seth placing his lips against hers.

"Shh, baby." He replaced his mouth with a single finger pressed against her lips. "Don't wanna wake up the others."

As Pearl leant her weight on Seth, her legs still being half asleep, she looked around at all of her sound asleep brothers snoring like elephants.

"Okay." Pearl let out a small giggle at how Jared was holding onto Paul's hand that had dangled off the edge of the couch where he slept.

Pearl and Seth tiptoed their way over all the strewn pillows, blankets and bodies until they reach the front door.

"I'll just grab an apple." Pearl noticed the bowl of fruit sitting in the middle of the dining table.

"You won't need that." Seth stopped her from ruining his plans. "Promise." He pecked her hand before pulling her outside.

"So is this another one of your amazing picnics?" Pearl asked once they were in the clear.

"This is better." Seth smirked proudly. "Now come on and get undressed." He impatiently pulled his own shirt over his head, earning a quirked eyebrow from Pearl.

"To phase, silly." He just rolled her eyes at her and jogged into the woods to let Pearl have some privacy.

In routine, Pearl undressed herself and tied her clothes to the nearest tree before leaping into her large wolf in second nature.

I should call you Snow White Seth chuckled as his darker wolf emerged from the trees.

Summers over now, the snow will start to come and you'll be standing out like Beauty and the Beast. Pearl huffed, she always got defensive about the colour of her fur.

I only meant that you looked like a princess, darling. Seth charmed smoothly, rubbing his snout against hers.

Now come one, you're going to love what I have planned. He started to trot away from her, motioning for her to follow, before the two got into a rhythm of sprinting past the greenery that surrounded them.