Chapter Thirty Six

A month went by and everything seemed to be falling into place.

Everyone was finally happy.

Seth made peace with Jacob.

Pearl now had a new best friend, Gabrielle, much to Jared's dismay.

Edward and Bella had come back from their honey moon and, as promised Bella was now a cold hearted blood sucker, Jacob's words not Pearl's.

Seth and Pearl were sitting in their usual spot in the sand on La Push beach, watching as the boys on the far side of the beach were dancing around a bonfire as Embry's speaker blasted music.

Speaking of Embry, he imprinted about a week after Jacob came back on a girl named Tiana who he met hiking through the woods, lost and a damsel in distress.

Really Embry's ideal love-hero story.

Pearl moved her eyes away from the stars when she felt Seth's hand move from her waist to her neck, she looked down to see his fingers gently rolling the small Pearl that hung around her neck.

"I think you like that thing more than I do." Pearl laughed silently, reaching her own hand up to cup over his.

"It just reminds me of the day you agreed to be mine." Seth flipped his hand over to encase Pearl's hand instead of the white orb.

"It reminds me of before all this madness." Seth's other hand lightly brushed over her exposed skin where her vampire bite was visible.

"How many times do I have to remind you that that wasn't your fault. It wasn't anyone's." Pearl lifted herself enough off the ground to flip over on her stomach, hiding her scar and looking Seth in the eyes.

"I don't just mean that," Seth stared just as intently back at her. "I mean all of – well that!"

Pearl turned her attention to Seth's line of sight and she saw Jacob and Paul brawling it out in front of their imprints as wolves.

"They're gonna scare Ti away." Pearl giggled, looking at Tiana's horrified look in the distance as Embry kept a close eye on his two brawling brothers.

"How come you get to give everyone nicknames?" Seth pouted. "Sethy, JJ, Jakey, Gabby and now Ti?"

"You call me nicknames all the time." Pearl shrugged. "Princess, Baby, darling -"

"Okay, I know I do." Seth rolled his eyes with a smile.

They were interrupted by the soft padding of human feet through the sand approaching.

"Sam told me to come and get you two, he wants a word with the whole pack." Quil winked at Seth with a sleeping Claire in his arms.

"We better go." Pearl made a move to get out of Seth's arms but she was pulled back on the sand by him.

"Just a little longer." Seth's eyes turned to ones of puppy dogs' as he kept her trapped. "Come on, its gonna take a while for them two to settle down."

Pearl glanced over to Jacob and Pual who were being snapped at by Sam who had also phased while they stilled tried to get a gain on each other.

"I wanna talk to my nickname worthy friends." Pearl shrugged used her wolfish strength to peal Seth away from her.

"I'm a nickname worthy friend!" Seth pined after her. "I was the first!"

"Technically Jakey was the first." Pearl glanced over her shoulder to see him following her, a matching trait of his eyes.

"Still got him wrapped around your finger?" Kim asked as Pearl took a seat on the log next to Jared.

"You know it." Pearl winked back as Seth plopped down next to her with a huff.