Chapter Thirty Four

(WARNING: SLIGHTLY MATURE ENDING)

☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩ ☾✩

"That's gonna leave a mark." Paul said, patting Pearl's back harshly in congratulations.

"I call it art." She shrugged modestly, giggling at the embarrassed look on Jacob's face.

Pearl's brother now had three long gashes down is back, all a bright pink colour. They were bright red, but because of their advanced healing, the wounds had already closed up.

"That's two nil now." Jared held up two fingers on one hand and none on the other to show the Black's sibling scoreboard.

"The first one didn't count, Pearl cheated!" Jacob shoved Jared angrily out of his face, squaring up to him.

"Either way, you're still on zero." He put his hands on his brothers chest as he stood straight against Jake.

"That's because I don't attack my little sister." Jacob pushed back against Jared but his stare was straight on Pearl.

"Because I've never left you for dead for a whole month over a stupid leach lover!" Pearl's voice was strong against Jacob, her father's genes kicking in.

"For dead?" Jacob scoffed, thinking she was overreacting.

"You left not a day after I was attacked!" Pearl's breaths came heavy, her chest visibly rising and falling through her bralette.

"You were alive!" Jake was now being held back by Jared, keeping him away from the younger.

"I needed you!" The woods fell silent, from her last screamed words. Jacob stopped fighting and Jared stopped pulling. Even Paul was slightly shocked by her passion filled words.

They all knew she was upset about Jacob leaving, but they never knew what it really did to her on the inside.

Pear refrained from phasing too much in the passed month for that exact reason.

"Lets bring it inside." Sam appeared from the dark trees with Seth at his side, they seemed to have had a privet conversation by the look on Seth's face. "Emily and . . . Gabrielle is waiting."

Both Paul and Jared rammed their shoulder into either side of Jake as they walked towards Emily's house. Embry, Quil and Leah all giving him a stare that could kill.

"Come on," Seth took Pearl's hand gently as she didn't make a move towards the house. "I'll be by your side the whole time." He whispered in her ear and pecked her cheek before tugging her along.

"I'm proud of you, Pearl." Sam joined them in tagging behind the rest of the group. Pearl just looked up to the older boy confusingly.

What could she possibly have done to award his approval.

She had almost phased at a vampire filled party and attacked one of their own.

"I know how hard that was for you at the wedding, seeing your brother and all, but still, you stood strong." He looked down at her sincerely and a slight warmth made its way in Pearl's chest.

"You weren't there, Seth and Alice had to drag me out." She looked down at her bare feet, ashamed that Sam thought wrong.

"No, you knew your limits and asked for their help." It seemed Seth had in fact filled him in on what happened.

"It takes a lot for someone to own up when they are weakening, and you knew that the help of those too would make you stronger. That is exactly what the values of the pack are, and you seem to be the only one who knows it."