Chapter Thirty

"So what did you two do all day?" Emily asked Pearl as she picked through her many presents on her living room floor, accompanied by Leah.

Emily's question had made the birthday girl choke on air.

"Seth just, showed me some pretty cool things." Pearl nodded to herself, excepting her own answer.

"Like?" Leah edged on innocently, not knowing how much pressure she was putting Pearl under.

"He found our old treehouse we used to play in as kids." Pearl tried to occupy her mind from her recent events by twirling her new bracelet Sam had gotten her.

It had seven wooden wolves on it, one for each member of the pack, minus Pearl, and each wolf had one of their initials etched into it.

It was Pearl's favourite gift.

Aside from Seth's of course.

At that moment, her father had come to save her from her torture.

"Someone is here to see you." Billy nodded to his daughter, and Pearl had a feeling she knew who it was.

"Tell her she's not here." Pearl rolled her eyes and stared with her knew pillow that Jared had bought for her.

He had let all the feathers out of her last one from a very aggressive pillow fight and felt guilty.

"She wants to speak to you." Billy said before leaving the two girls in the living room again.

"You don't have to," Leah had a frown on her face as she looked towards the front door. "She doesn't deserve to."

"I'll just see if its anything different then the last hundred times she's been here." Pearl rolled her eyes and reluctantly stood up.

"I wish we could ban her from coming on our lands." Leah said under her breath to Pearl. Emily didn't like when the pack talked badly about others, no matter their background.

"Come with me?" Pearl asked but also offered. She knew Leah wouldn't toss the chance to get in some good death stares at the girl.

"Of course." Leah smirked before they both made their way outside where Bella Swan was waiting, her arms crossed over her chest and tooth knowingly at her lip.

"He's not here." Pearl seemed to have frightened Bella, or maybe it was Leah. "No thanks to you."

"I already told you that I never meant for any of this to happen." Bella sighed tiredly.

"Well what did you think would happen when you decide to tell my lovestruck brother that you're marrying his mortal enemy, through an invitation." Pearl seethed, a familiar rippling sensation running through her neck.

"Pearl." Leah placed her hand on Pearl's shoulder to bring back to the ground. It had been a while since Pearl last had an accident, but the girl standing in front of her was more than enough to set her off.

"I didn't come for him anyways." Bella seemed to take a few steps back, noticing her unstable state and remembering her finance's many warnings about the wolves.

Pearl just gave her a confused yet bored look in response.

"I knew it was your birthday today." Bella said too nervously for her liking.

"You mean Alice told you its my birthday and she's not allowed here so she sent you?" Pearl could read the girl like a book despite her mind blocking abilities.

"Something like that." Bella mumbled, mentally kicking herself.

"Look, Alice is going crazy over my wedding that's soon, and she really wants you to come." Her truths came out.