Chapter 0: And Then There Were Five (3/3)

While the plan to defeat the Gordanians sounded relatively simple on paper, but getting onboard the ship itself was a bit difficult. Luckily for our newly assembled team, Raven had a few more tricks up her sleeve, as she was able to encase them within a black sphere, which seemed to ignore matter. Without alerting anyone, the team were brought within the confines of the vessel, causing Beast Boy to shudder.

BB: Ugh, dark magic gives me the cr-

Before he could finish his sentence, he remembers the fact that the strange, occult girl was standing right behind him.

Raven: ...

BB: Uh, I-I mean, it's cool! Heh, hehehehe...

Devan pressed the small button below the Omegamatrix's core, and a map was projected before the young man.

Omni-Boy: Ok, by the looks of these schematics, their control room should be somewhere at the bridge. I don't know how much time we got, so let's get moving!

As Devan peeks from the corner and sneaks down the hall, the orange alien is the first out after him, then Beast Boy and Cyborg, Raven emerges well behind them all, but noticably keeps her distance for some reason. As they stopped to check another bend, Morgan felt a tap on his shoulder.

Omni-Boy: Something wrong?

Tamoranean: I want to give you, an apology.

Omni-Boy: For that stuff earlier? Hey, it's no problem, you were just trying to get away from these freaks.

Tamoranean: And again, you are..."nice". On my world, only my k'norfka has shown me such kindness.

Omni-Boy: Really...well, here on Earth, things can be different. They can be, nice...

The two didn't know what else to say, and found themselves gazing at the other, and both felt their faces slowly turning warmer.

Maverick: Master, I detect your heart rate increasing, is something the matter?

Just then, an alarm bell rang out, and several squads of spear wielding Gordanians surrounded them on both sides.

Maverick: Master, I forgot to mention the vessel possesses minor sound detecting technology they use for security.

Omni-Boy: Oh, NOW you tell me?

(The Bridge)

Gordanian Gunman: Lord Trogaar! The weapon has reached full power!

He spoke to a much larger Gordanian, the imposing Trogaar, who sat confidently on his throne.