Chapter 19: The Mystery of Moth-erhood

(This was definitely planned I swear I wasn't being lazy.)

A.T.

This chapter begins inside a store, Cook's Electronics.

(Zrrrrt-!)

High-voltage arcs play among shelves of stereo speakers, which crumble into dust that is quickly sucked away to an unknown source. Televisions and VCRs receive the same treatment. And upon the ceiling, awash in current, standing there is a large figure composed entirely of electricity, save for a small dark patch at its center; the arms are outstretched, forming the source of the arcs.

 And upon the ceiling, awash in current, standing there is a large figure composed entirely of electricity, save for a small dark patch at its center; the arms are outstretched, forming the source of the arcs

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

This is Overload, the electric monster of a Super Criminal.

Overload: Hahaha, yes! Mine! All mine!!

(!!!)

His laughter is cut off by a nearby table flying right into him, which was under a dark influence; furious, five Titans now stand at the entrance as he turns toward them.

Raven: If you're going to take all that stuff... (They rush in.) ...you'd better be ready to pay for it.

Overload: Foolish biologicals. Overload will destroy you all!

(Slam!)

He pounds the floor, sending a few thousand amperes straight at the team; they scatter to avoid the shock. Overload directs the next three bolts at Beast Boy, who uses the nimble form of a fox to dart across the store; he passes Raven as she manifests her power, levitating several pieces of hardware.

Raven: Azarath Metrion Zinthos!

The items rocket toward Overload and disappear into his body; instead of being hurt, though, he merely grows several feet and roars heartily. She retreats to where Beast Boy is crouched atop a display case.

Beast Boy: Smooth...

Turning into a rabbit, Beast Boy hops down and Raven bugs out just before the case is blown apart. Now Starfire gets into the game with a pass over the walking spark plug's head and a string of starbolts without effect. His counterstrike sends her careening out of control to crash into the wall, not too far from Cyborg.

Cyborg: Yo, Radiohead! Listen to THIS!

He backs up again, priming his right arm in sonic cannon mode, and lets off a huge beam and a mighty yell at the same time; this attack also does no visible damage.

Overload: Fools! I'm just getting stronger!!

Overload pours himself into a handy stereo speaker, which grows large enough to reach the ceiling and puts out a thundering wall of sound. A second yell, this one of pain, comes from the bionic teen's mouth as he is hurled the length of the showroom, slamming into a column and tumbling to the floor.

Overload: Mine!

Held aloft and about to be absorbed by the monster, Cyborg quickly thinks of a solution.