Ch. 5 | School Days Arc | First Day of Class

A/n: just to clear up any possible confusion you might have, as this question did pop up. Yes, I'm covering up to volume 9 (as of writing this at 12/11/23), with some changes here and there. After that, I haven't really decided. If volume 10 comes out by then, I might write it, but we'll see. As of right now, I have up to 9 planed out........ sorta........ ok more than sorta, but I know what I want to happen. Depending on what happens, I might end up coming up with my own storyline/s after that and make my own ending.

An Interesting Night

[Same Day: Nighttime]

It's only been a few hours since the ending of the exam. All the new students were given their dorms. Many students took this time to get set up, while others decided to push it off to the next day. As the camera pans around, we look into one room in particular. As we get a better look into the darkened room, we can see 5 beds that just barely fit into this little room. We can see that 4 of them had the members of Team RWBY sleeping on them, while the 5th bed appeared smaller than the rest and was moved to the front of the room, away from the others. In it, we can see the hero of our story Y/n sleeping away like the rest. He was sleeping calmly and peacefully on his back, but this didn't last, as the boy begins to stir. As his legs begin to fidget, he grips the sheets and his breath slowly becomes labored. Now his whole body begins to fidget as he begins to sweat. He grips the sheets around his chest, as if he's trying to catch his breath. To anyone else, it almost looks like he's having a heart attack. However, as this is happening, a strange black flame like wisp comes into the room through the window. It then floats towards Y/n and when it reaches him, it gently strokes his cheek in a soothing manner. Not unlike how a mother would her own child.

???: in a ghostly female voice, "soooooon." the boy struggles more, "shshshhh, hush now and rest."

The black flame slows its movement to more softly and soothingly stroke the boys cheek. As it does this, it seems to have an effect on the boy as he begins to relax more. His fidgeting stops, and his breathing becomes more relaxed.

???: the same ghostly voice, "there there, sleeeep young one. There's much you for you to do."

Y/n: a single tear runs down his cheek, "m-mom."

???: she lets out a soft chuckle, "we'll meet, one day, but you're not ready. Get stronger and destroy whoever stands in your away but for now, rest......... my darling boy."

The black flame then begins to fade away, with the female voice letting out a small but evil chuckle. With it now completely gone, it's almost as if the boy could sense its presence is missing as he suddenly jolts up.

Y/n: "mom!"

With labored breath, the boy looks around and sees he's still in Team RWBYs room. Realizing he actually said that out loud, he quickly looks at the girls and sees they are still fast asleep. Seeing as they didn't wake up, he grips his shirt in an attempt to steady his breathing. When he finally slows his breathing, he notices something wet run down his cheek. He raises his hand and touches the wet spot. When he looks at his head, he sees that it is a tear. Forming a fist, he quickly wipes his eyes to get rid of any other tear that still might be there. After sitting there for a while, he decided to go to the bathroom to wash his face. Right as he passes by their beds and shuts the bathroom door, he doesn't notice a certain black haired girl was awake as she opened her eyes and looks at the bathroom door.