Chapter 18

Halloween morning was the day that they could all go to Hogsmeade. Edmund was sitting with Harry at breakfast. The two looked depressed, for different reasons. Harry was saddened by the fact that he couldn't go to Hogsmeade and Edmund's mind was still heavy with the thought of his father roaming around.

Hermione and Ron were acting sympathetic with Harry and Edmund. "At least we're in this together." Harry said, "Why are we in this together?"

Edmund looked up from his plate, "Uncle Remus wouldn't want to risk it." He just said quietly, "With Sirius Black walking around." He gave some passing Hufflepuff's a smile and waved as they headed out to the village filled with wizards.

After breakfast the two were just roaming the hallways and Edmund hugged his robe closer to him. "Edmund, Harry?" They had passed Edmund's uncle's office. "What are you two doing?" It had less accusation in his tone rather than Filch's tone. Edmund figured that the man wasn't over Harry being the main suspect to his cat's petrification. "Where are Ron and Hermione?"

"Hogsmeade." Edmund answered and pursed his lips. He was really looking forward to visiting the wizarding village again. As if seeing it on his face, his Uncle Remus invited him into his classroom.

"I've just taken delivery of a grindylow for our next lesson." His uncle hummed and Edmund made himself comfortable in the Professor's office. He walked around and tapped the kettle with his wand, cooking the water instantly making steam come from out of the pot. "I've ordered your favourite brand of tea, Edmund."

"Thank you." Edmund smiled as he poured in the tea. He hummed a tune under his breath as Harry and his uncle talked about the grindylows. It was a tune that he just couldn't place but always stuck around in his head.

"Such a lovely song, that is." Lupin said as he looked over at Edmund. "Puppy love. Lily and James played it for their wedding night. I gather that you've watched that memory?"

"My parents?" Harry asked quietly as he looked over at Edmund with a slightly betrayed look in his eyes. Edmund looked back at the ground and pulled his necklace up. "What memory, Edmund?"

"Can I show it to him, uncle?" Edmund asked. His uncle nodded and Edmund whispered out the projection spell. The three of them watched, one with nostalgia and the younger two of them watched with wonder. Edmund will never get over to seeing memories of the past, it all felt unreal to see them all sitting in a classroom, in the present time.

It was a room filled with streamers from the roof down to the floor and with lights focused on one woman holding up a glass of water, her big stomach showing why she couldn't drink at such an occasion. 'A toast, to my brother who married my best friend. May I never hear him whine about setting Lily up with him. And may I never hear her asking me to set her up with him!' A ripple of laughter spread through the crowd and Edmund watched his mother's glowing face with one of sorrow. 'May our secrets stay secrets but may our loved ones always know the depth of our love for them.' Edmund's mother's eyes casted down to look at the best man who was out of the frame. 'My dear twin and dear best friend, may your love win the war.' The focus was put back on the couple where she had stood next to. Right after her speech, the newlyweds were pulled onto the dance floor and started dancing to the song that Edmund was humming, it felt bittersweet to have it stuck in his head now.

The memory ended and Edmund took a tissue from the box and handed it over to Harry. Edmund no longer teared up to the memories of his mother or aunt and uncle, he had grown immune to the overwhelming feeling of emotions each time it would happen, every year without a single failure.

"Why do you have that, Edmund?" Harry asked quietly, "Since when did you even have that? Who was that just now?"

Edmund just looked at the ground, not wanting to answer the questions that were asked. If it was, it would be telling Harry of his family, of how his mother couldn't take care of him and how he had to live with that stupid family from his mother's side. He could lie but that was unlike him, Edmund doesn't want to bury himself deeper in the lies. "That is Amanda Potter." The gentle voice of his uncle said. "Your father's twin sister."