Chapter 24

Edmund has strong feelings about the teaching methods of Professor Moody, while he can respect them he can also have a distaste for them, teaching Unforgivables right in front of victims. The indents of Neville's nails were still visible in Edmund's forearms, they even drew a little blood. Before Edmund could even comfort his best friend, the professor had requested Neville to return back to the classroom for a cup of tea.

At lunch, Hermione waltzed into The Three Broomsticks with a box in her hands, it was filled with badges. Edmund looked up from the name 'S.P.E.W.' and glanced over at Ron, who had a grimace on his face. Before the Weasley could get a word out, Edmund butted in. "What are your goals?"

"Short-term aims are securing fair wages and working conditions." Edmund tilted his head as he listened to her. He knows that elves like to be put to work but he hadn't done his research on house-elves, he wouldn't know if it was just nature or nurture. "Long-term is changing to law about non-wand use," Edmund grimaced, the wand law was tricky. "And trying to get an elf into the Department for Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, because they're quite underrepresented."

"How do we all do this?" Asked Harry.

"We start by recruiting members. I was thinking, maybe two Sickles to join, compensation for the badge. Edmund, you're the treasurer, Harry is secretary and Ron is our creative director." Edmund raised his eyebrows.

"How about I pay ten Sickles for us and the next two members." Edmund offered, "I think that having to pay would definitely be something people wouldn't want to do." Hermione beamed at him. Edmund stood up and looked at the clock that hung up in the Three Broomsticks. "We've got to get going, Harry."

The Gryffindor stood up at the same time a bell rang from the door. "Did I just miss you?" Lavender asked with a playful pout on her face.

Edmund shrugged, "Got to get robes made, maybe next time Lavender." He gave her a polite smile, "They're near the back." He said and the two siblings walked out of the Inn and down a street where they had never been before.

The Black just hoped that it was going to be a good suit, he had moved a class with Dumbledore to get it over with. He was aching to learn things from the headmaster again, especially with the announcement of the apprentice's participation. He was just glad that the whispers of the apprentice died down a bit, making space for him to finally breathe.

They walked up to the front desk and Edmund looked at the frail, elderly man who was standing there, his head up, waiting expectantly. "Hello," Edmund greeted the man and looked around at the different mannequins and fabrics. "We're Edmund Black and Harry Potter."

"So you are, good afternoon." The man smiled, "Come on up on that little platform, have you decided on which shoes you will be wearing?" Edmund blinked and glanced over at Harry, who merely shook his head, "Then we'll find you a nice pair of shoes." The old man waved his wand and shoes came flying out from between the shelves donned in fabrics and boxes.

Edmund couldn't quite follow what was happening all around them because all of the sudden there were five different measuring tapes measuring his lower body, there were fabrics going against his skin and with every shake of the man's head many more fabrics appeared. "Do you have a colour preference, or an idea?"

"I was thinking a black, white and red suit?" Edmund suggested while Harry just mentioned his colours, "Maybe no robe, but a blazer?"

The tailor raised his eyebrows, "Something muggle?"

"It wouldn't be muggle if it was made by you." Edmund said, weakly. The tailor just nodded and continued to make their suits, Harry didn't follow the same idea as him seeing that he had different shades of black and green against his skin.