10.

30 august, 2017

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I stammered, "I can't... I won't..." My voice quivered, the fear and anguish almost suffocating me. The reality of the situation was unbearable, and I couldn't fathom making such a horrific choice.

The masked figures watched my distress with cold amusement, clearly reveling in the torment they were inflicting. The seconds ticked by, and I prayed for a way out of this nightmare, desperately hoping that someone or something would intervene and save us from this unimaginable horror.

As I struggled with the impossible decision before me, my mind raced through a whirlwind of thoughts. Luciana, Olivia, and Emily, my friends, innocent and unaware of the nightmare unfolding around them. I couldn't bring myself to choose any of them to die. I couldn't be responsible for such a horrifying outcome.

The masked figures continued to taunt me, their sinister presence casting a dark shadow over the room. I felt paralyzed, torn between the urge to protect my friends and the terror of the masked men's weapons.

In the midst of my despair, a desperate idea crossed my mind. "Why... why do I have to choose?" I asked, my voice trembling but determined. "You said you'd let me live if I chose one of them... but what if... what if I can give you something else? Something you want more?"

The masked figures exchanged glances, their curiosity piqued. It was a risky gamble, but I hoped that by offering an alternative, I could buy time or perhaps find a way to outsmart them. The room was thick with tension as we stood on the precipice of a terrible decision, with the fate of my friends hanging in the balance.

My heart pounded in my chest as I tried to think on my feet, grasping for any option that might divert their attention from the lives of my friends. "Information," I replied, my voice steady despite the fear threatening to consume me. "I know something that could be valuable to you. Something you might want even more than taking one of them."

The masked men exchanged glances again, their eyes narrowing with suspicion. The tension in the room seemed to grow thicker, but I couldn't back down now. My mind raced, searching for the right words to convince them.

"You see," I continued, my voice a whisper, "I overheard something tonight, something about someone named 'Jack' toying with you and letting 'them' get away. I don't know who Jack is or who 'they' are, but if you let my friends go, I can find out for you. I can help you track down whoever betrayed you."

The white masked male's grip on my face tightened slightly, his gaze locked onto mine. I held his gaze, hoping that my offer would sway them in my favor. The balance of power in that room hung in the balance, and my friends' lives depended on the decision the masked men would make.

"oh y/n sweetheart...jack didn't betray us...jack works for us" he revealed to the terrified female

My blood ran cold as the masked man's revelation sank in. Jack worked for them? That revelation twisted the already nightmarish situation into something even more sinister.

I swallowed hard, my voice trembling as I responded, "I... I didn't know. I just overheard it, and I thought it might be valuable information for you."

The man in the white mask exchanged another glance with his partner, and I couldn't discern their intentions. The weight of my words hung heavily in the room as they considered their next move, and I prayed that my offer had bought some goodwill, however small it might be.