26.

??, ??, 2017

Dark Link must have noticed my unease, as he reassured me, "Don't worry, Y/N. Ben can't hurt you down there. He's being closely watched, and the boss has made sure that you're safe."

Despite his reassurance, I still felt a sense of dread at the prospect of seeing Ben again. But something inside me pushed me to go through with it. Perhaps it was the need for closure or the hope that I could make sense of everything that had happened.

"Alright," I said, trying to sound more confident than I felt. "Let's go see him."

Dark Link nodded and led the way towards the basement. As we descended the stairs, my heart pounded in my chest, and my palms grew sweaty. I had no idea what I would find down there, but I was about to confront the source of my nightmares face to face.

The sight that met my eyes in the dimly lit basement was nothing short of horrifying. Ben, the man who had once chained me up, was now in my position, restrained against the wall. He was stripped of his usual attire, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers, his body marred with marks, scars, and dried blood.

As I stood beside Dark Link, a complex mix of emotions surged within me. A sense of power, long suppressed, welled up as I watched Ben's wide-eyed desperation. He looked at me with a mixture of surprise, pain, and anger, and his voice trembled as he croaked out, "Y/N?"

I couldn't deny the twisted satisfaction I felt at that moment. This was the same man who had imprisoned me, tormented me, and reduced me to a state of helplessness. Now, our roles were reversed, and he was begging me for mercy.

i was savouring this feeling of control.

Ben's expression changed again, into one of bitterness and desperation. "My beloved Y/N," he pleaded, his voice breaking, "please, you have to free me. I can explain everything, my love."

I glanced at Dark Link, who remained impassive, and then back at Ben. For now, I held the power, and it was my turn to decide his fate.

I stood there, a strange mix of fear and power coursing through me. Dark Link's arm wrapped around my shoulder, a gesture of support that seemed to send Ben into a fit of rage.

His eyes widened, and he began struggling against the restraints, his voice raised in a manic scream. "You think you can keep me here? You won't get away with this! I'll tear you both apart!"

Despite his threats, I couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction, knowing that he was now the one helpless and restrained. Dark Link's presence beside me offered a strange sense of security, and it gave me the strength to respond to Ben's threats.

My voice trembling but determined, "you should have thought about the consequences before. You brought this upon yourself."

Dark Link's hand on my shoulder tightened slightly, and I could sense the jealousy emanating from Ben as he watched our interaction. His face contorted with anger, and he screamed even louder, "You belong to me, Y/n! Not him! Let me go!"

This outburst only fueled my resolve further, and I turned to Dark Link with gratitude in my eyes, silently acknowledging the protection he offered. We both knew that Ben's reign of terror was over, and I wasn't going to let his jealousy or threats affect me any longer.