18.

??, ??, 2017

i wanted to die.

i want to die.

the familiar sound of footsteps descending the cellar stairs. It was another day, and I had grown accustomed to the routine of my captivity. Ben's visits had become regular, each time filled with his twisted proclamations of love and care. Maya remained an enigma, communicating only through hand signals and never once uttering a word.

As time passed, I noticed subtle changes in Maya's behavior. She became more expressive with her hands, attempting to communicate with me despite my inability to understand. It was as if she was trying to break through the walls that separated us. Although I remained cautious, a glimmer of hope sparked within me that she might be an ally in this dire situation.

Ben, on the other hand, grew increasingly unpredictable. His affections wavered between tender moments and terrifying outbursts. The constant presence of his mask was a constant reminder of the sinister nature that lurked beneath his facade.

As the cellar door creaked open, I braced myself for Ben's arrival. He appeared, wearing his ever-present unsettling smile. His actions had become predictable, yet I couldn't let my guard down. Beneath the facade of affection, I knew he was capable of cruelty.

"Good morning, my love," Ben cooed as he approached me. His pale hand gently caressed my cheek, but I flinched away from his touch. I couldn't bear his sickening displays of affection any longer.

"Please, Ben, just tell me what you want from me," I implored, my voice trembling. "Why am I here? Why are you doing this?"

Ben's smile wavered for a moment, replaced by a hint of frustration. He seemed to be grappling with his own inner turmoil. "I want to protect you, Y/n," he finally said. "There are dangerous people out there, and I can't let them harm you."

I couldn't comprehend his explanation. Protecting me by imprisoning me in this cellar? It made no sense. "Ben, I need to go home," I pleaded, tears welling up in my eyes. "I need to see my family again. Please, let me go."

For a moment, Ben's expression softened, and I thought he might actually consider it. But then, his face hardened, and his grip on my arm tightened. "I can't do that, Y/n," he said, his voice taking on a sinister edge. "It's for your own safety. Trust me, when the time is right, you'll understand."

-

it hit evening, as I lay on my makeshift bed, staring at the ceiling, I heard faint voices from above. It was Ben, arguing with someone else. I strained my ears to catch their conversation, but the muffled sounds made it impossible to discern their words.

The tension in the room above escalated, and then there was a loud crash followed by silence. Fear coursed through me as I wondered what had transpired. Had someone come to confront Ben? Was there a struggle taking place right above me?

Minutes felt like hours as I waited in anxious anticipation, unsure of what would happen next. The cellar door remained closed, and I was left in the dark, literally and figuratively, about the events unfolding above me.

"what the fuck are you doing here jeff?! YOU think you can just waltz in here and take control?" Ben's voice seethed with frustration, his words laced with venom.