17.

??, ??, 2017

he brought me a friend

ben cares about me

As the hooded figure stepped closer, the dim light revealed more of their features, and my eyes widened in disbelief. It was Maya, my childhood friend who had disappeared after that fateful incident in the forest. She had changed, her once vibrant and carefree demeanor replaced by a haunting intensity.

"M-Maya?" I stammered, unable to comprehend what I was seeing. It was as if a ghost from my past had returned, but in the most unexpected and unsettling way.

Maya didn't respond. She just stood there, her hood still obscuring most of her face, but her eyes bore into mine with a mixture of emotions that I couldn't decipher.

Ben, sensing the tension, spoke up. "Maya's been through a lot, Y/n"

After all this time? I couldn't wrap my head around it. Maya's sudden reappearance had left me speechless and wary, unsure of what to believe anymore.

I took a hesitant step forward, my arms outstretched in an instinctive gesture of comfort towards Maya. But Ben's firm grip on my shoulder stopped me in my tracks. His warning was a chilling reminder of the fragile state Maya was in.

"Be gentle with her," Ben cautioned, his voice laced with an unsettling undertone. I reluctantly withdrew my outstretched hand, my eyes locked onto Maya's with a mix of sadness and confusion. The unspoken question hung heavy in the air-why had she left us when we needed her the most?

Maya's eyes met mine, and for a moment, it seemed like there was a glimmer of recognition in them. However, her expression remained distant, and she didn't respond to my words. It was as if the trauma she had endured had changed her in ways I couldn't understand.

Ben's warning hung heavily in the air, a reminder of the fragile balance that existed in this strange, unsettling place. I withdrew my outstretched hand, unable to ignore the tension and uncertainty that surrounded Maya's presence.

Taking in Ben's words, I returned to my makeshift bed, my thoughts in turmoil. Ben leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead, his voice filled with an unsettling cheerfulness. "I'll be back soon, my love~"

His eerie smile remained as he left the room, leaving me alone with Maya and the unanswered questions that seemed to multiply with each passing moment. Maya seemed to have a different set of privileges compared to me, and I couldn't comprehend why.

"Maya," I began softly, my gaze fixed on the raven-haired girl, a multitude of questions swirling in my mind.

Maya stayed put, perched at the table in the room's center, a place typically reserved for Masky. She retrieved a flask from her bag and poured its contents into a small cup, extending it toward me. I hesitated for a moment, meeting her impatient gaze, but eventually took the cup she offered. As I sipped the liquid, I couldn't help but ask, "Maya, what happened... did he hurt you?"

Maya didn't utter a word, her silence growing more unsettling by the second. She simply watched me with an eerie calmness, her eyes revealing nothing. I took another sip of the liquid(which i soon found out was tea), my unease mounting. There was so much left unsaid, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something was deeply wrong here.