Chapter 1

I switch to my next powerpoint, with diagrams of the dinosaurs. Specifically, a Velociraptor with wings drawn onto it. 

"This is why I believe, when Dinosaurs were killed, they were able to fly. Now you may be wondering, Since the dinosaurs at Jurassic World can't fly, excluding the flying dinosaurs, shouldn't this theory be false? Well, as you know, the dinosaurs of Jurassic World are made from the blood mosquito's had from the dinosaurs back then. When the mosquito's sucked the blood from the dinosaur, we know it was not the end of the world. Therefore, the theory that dinosaurs could fly before they went extinct is completely possible. Thank you for listening."

The classroom claps, as I head back towards my desk. The teacher looks at me, giving me the sign that I got a pretty good mark. I'm kind of proud myself too, as the next person goes. His project discusses Jurassic World itself.

Ever since Jurassic World opened, the class has changed a bunch, as we now know many new things we hadn't before. I'm excited, because this year, we're suppose to learn about genetically modified hybrids, or GMO dinosaurs (Gentically Modified Organism) and the one that will open in Jurassic World. The Indominus Rex. That's why I was so excited for class this year.

Before I know it, the guy finishes his presentation, with me zoning out thinking about the Indominus Rex while he presented. I suddenly feel embarrassed and disrespectful. It's not like me to spazz out like that. The teacher than walks up to the center of class.

"I presume everyone has presented?"

Everyone nods their heads in agreement.

"Now, I want to tell you all something about what I said we were going to learn this year. Genetically Modified Hybrid's. I thought, the only way to learn about it was to visit Jurassic World itself."

I hear squeals coming all over the room. I can't believe it, this is a one in a lifetime opportunity, where my class is going on a field trip to Jurassic World!

"Here are the permission forms. The fee is $500, as the school pays for the rest. You have the option not to go, but I don't think any of you would miss the change to go."

After class, I packed up my bags and started heading home, but was stopped in the hallway, by Mark. He thinks he's the hottest dude in the school, and thinks he can get any girl he wants, but I'm the exception, I hate him. I slapped him with a frying pan in cooking class before. The reaction on his face was priceless! 

"What do you want now Mark?"

He looks at me with his ugly as fuck puppy face, and then says something.

"I don't have time to waste on you. I need to earn money so I can go somewhere you can't."

"Ha. And where is that?"

I smirk and beneath my smile, is the devil.

"Jurassic World."

I leave him there, with his face blank of expression, I can't help but giggle as I walk out the door. I go to the parking lot and get into my car, and start driving to the Sports store I work at. As soon as I get there, My roommate gives me a call.

"This is Rachel speaking..."

"Oh my god... Rachel! This is big news.... Big.... Big... News!"

"Kaitlin, just say what it is..."

"You've been invited to work at Jurassic World!"

I freeze where I am, about to enter the store. Jurassic World only gives job applications to 10 people a year, and they must have high marks and studies regarding dinosaurs... And of all people, they choose me. Rachel Higgins, to work at Jurassic World. But... I'm starting to have second thoughts. I remember what happened at Jurassic Park, and don't want that happening again... But the opportunity is to great to turn down.

"I'll see the application when I get back."

I start working, and after I'm done, I head out the door into my car. I turn on the radio.

"Jurassic World's new attraction, The Indominus Rex opens next month! Tickets will go on sale for a cheaper price starting June 12th!"

I arrive at my house, that I live in with my best friend. I go in and look at the table.

JURASSIC WORLD JOB INVITATION

CLIENT: RACHEL HIGGINS

Would you like to be apart of Jurassic World? Work there perhaps? You earn about $2000/hour and you will not have to have a job interview to join, as you were selected to work for Jurassic World. If you agree please call this number

1-800-Jurassic-World

You will have to type in this code: 227439

The line will then be given to one of Jurassic World's executive. We hope to see you at Jurassic World.

I can't decide if I should go or not... The risk is to high.

But it's $2000/hour.... That's more than I can imagine...