003. heroin

lust for life

12th september 2023

12th september 2023

@anastasiarosenfeild

liked by taylorswift, gigihadid and 4,816,602 others

anastasiarosenfeild the rumours are true, i've been working on a new album. it's not finished yet, but for now i have a song ready to be released. "heroin" will be out friday the 15th at 12pm est. this is a song that's very close to my heart, it's about a boyfriend of mine who passed away from and overdose of heroin when we were both 19. the song is about how i loved him, and how heroin took his life away from him.

view 74,305 comments

jacobelordi so proud of you stass
anastasiarosenfeild ❤️

kyliejenner guys the song is so amazing, you're not ready for it
user00 wtf why does kylie get to hear all the music before us?
user01 probably because she's anastasia's best friend

user02 stop i'm so excited for this

user03 where on the track list is heroin?
anastasiarosenfeild it's currently track 8, but that could change

taylorswift this song is so beautiful stassie

user04 hoping we get some collabs on the album
user05 hoping for another collab with the weeknd

jackantonoff i'm so blessed to have worked with you on this beautiful song

user06 she's looks so good
if you were rich you'd brag too

theweeknd sending love ❤️

IN ANY INSTANCE RELEASING MUSIC
is a fun and exciting experience, the weeks leading up are usually filled with last minute touches and excitement filled conversations, but for anastasia that wasn't the case. even though her fans and friends had reassured her many times that there was nothing to be worried about.

"everyone's gonna love the song" assured anastasia's producer jack antonoff.

stassie still wasn't sure though, releasing music was always stressful for her. she tended to sing about very personal matters, which made her nervous for what people would think. what if people judged her for her personal experiences? she often thought that maybe if she sung less about herself then maybe she'd be less anxious.

jack was always reminding her that personal songs are what helps her connect with her fans.

"i know, i know, just the nerves always get to me" stassie responded nodding her as if she was trying to convince herself.

"so are you happy with the track list so far?" jack asked while handing her a piece of paper.

looking down at the paper she caught sight of her albums current track list.

1. lust for life
2. 13 beaches
3. white mustang
4. summer bummer
5. god bless america - and all the beautiful women in it
6. when the world was at war we kept dancing
7. beautiful people beautiful problems
8. heroin
9. cherry
10. coachella - woodstock in my mind

"i think i want coachella to be in between god bless american and summer bummer"

"hmmm, you know what i agree. it doesn't feel like a last track song" jack agreed.

"i feel like the album still needs so many songs, i should go home and try to write some more. thanks jack, i'll see you next week" stassie said as she grabbed her notebook and bag.

she made her way towards the door before turning back to way goodbye, seeing jack doing the same.

as she walked to her car she grabbed her headphones out of her bag and put them in. pulling out her phone she went into spotify and clicked onto guts by olivia rodrigo. she started playing lacy, singing along to the lyrics.

anastasia had meet olivia at the 2022 grammys, and they instantly clicked, both the girls chatting as if they'd known each other for years. they found it easy to talk about music and the pressure of being a role model. stassie felt as if she needed to protect olivia from the harsh critics and haters on the internet.

she let out a light chuckle at the memory of her taking to twitter to yell at people for disrespecting olivia after the grammys. stassie's manager had a good go at her after that, telling her that she can't start arguments with people anymore. that she has an image to keep up.

stassie wipes away the thought as she saw her black range rover, she immediately started fumbling in her bag for her keys.

out of the corner of her eye she saw a group of men with cameras approaching her.

"shit" she muttered to herself.

she wasn't in the mood to talk to people she didn't know, she didn't want to be questioned.

there was a part of her that still longed to be back in her old life, back in her home town, will all the privacy in the world. she was grateful to be able to do what she loved, but there were still moments where she wished she could live the way she used to. without anyone bothering her.

her hand wrapped around her keys as she pulled them out of her bag and unlocked her car. she quickly jumped in, slamming the door in the faces of the men who were now less than 10 feet away from her.

she pulled her headphones out before putting her seatbelt on. she started the car and got out of the parking lot as fast as she could.

stassierosenfeild
paparazzi is so invasive, why can't
anyone give me some space

replies have been turned off

authors note
i have this habit of writing when it's night, so i always get tired like halfway through
hope this is good

"sometimes it feels like i've got a war in my mind"
get free - lana del rey