five

tewksbury pov:

me and enola ran out the school towards miss harrisons automobile. "can you actually drive this?" i ask her.

"i know the basic rudiments." she replied. i smiled amusingly as she ripped of her collar and set off. this was so cool.

"left, right, watch out enola!" i shout. "the bush!"

"woohoo im not finished yet!" enola yells. i shake my head at her.

"thank you, that was..uhm. you did save me. the best bit was was my idea but you did save me." she stutters.

"you're welcome. i think."

"though i dont get to see matilda's ju-jistsu skills." she chuckles. i look to her confused.

"what to you mean?"

"my brother stopped by, he seemed to have met matilda so he brung her along." she informed me.

"my sister and sherlock holmes?"

"i believe they are just friends tewksbury dont get defensive." she laughs.

i look down. "if i came earlier i would have seen her enola."

"you will see her soon i promise. ill make sure." she says. "i didnt like it in there."

"no. no, of course not. now lets get back to london and find a proper hiding place." i reply. enola breaks slowly. i look to her, she stared blankly forward. "why have we stopped?"

"enola?..."

"we need to go to basil wether." she finally speaks up.

"what?!" i ask.

"an injustice has occurred. its time to right some wrongs. you want a culprit, find the motive." she hands me a newspaper, i look at it confused.

"i don't understand."

"when were you due to be inducted into the lords?" she asks.

"imminently."

"how would you have voted on the bill?"

"the same as my father. id be for it." i reply.

"who knew that?" she asks. why is she asking all this? "and who stands to gain the estate with your father dead and if you die?"

"well i think it should be matilda in my opinion but its my uncle." i tell her. "you think this is my uncles doing?"

"doesn't it make sense?"

"but hes a powerful man. what on earth could we do?"

"solve the crime of course." she smirks.

"enola we are both extremely lucky to have lived this long, and you want to drive us to a place where there is most certain danger?"

"sometimes, lord tewksbury, you have to dangle your legs in the water to attract the bloody sharks!" she exclaimed.

"why would we want to attract the bloody sharks?!"

she sighs. "good point."

we arrived at basil wether. "this is a terrible idea."

matilda's pov:

i was struggling to sleep. i was happy for once. me and sherlock went for tea in the afternoon, then went to a restaurant for dinner. was it a date? i dont know. it was a good night though. i stand at my desk examining my notes about tewks. i squinted my eyes, things began to match up.

does my uncle want to kill tewksbury? suddenly the sound of the large front doors closing interrupted my thoughts. i gasp. grandmother was not awake at this time and mother and uncle would not be home for a few days. i walk out my room towards the stairs that led straight down to the door.