The promise and a few meetings

-Singa POV-

"I-"

Malay sighed. "You know I care about you, right? So this why I need to end this,"

What is happening? What did he mean put a stop to this? Does he not want to be friends anymore?

I am so confused...

Malay has been there for me since the beginning, and he wants to stop being friends? If he wants to stop being friends, then it's his choice.

But, I can't leave this house since I am taking care of the financials and I can't. No, I won't leave them all to Brunei. With the amount of work I take, it's going to be a burden.

I've seen too many people break down from work. A flashback appears in my mind. I widened my eyes but quickly regained my composure.

Malay was about to speak, but I interrupted him before he spoke. "Okay, before you speak, if you want to stop being friends, I get it. But I won't leave,"

-Malay POV-

I saw Singa widen his eyes for a bit before having an emotionless face. A normal person wouldn't probably have noticed this, but being friends with Singa means you need to see the little reactions. He's had a flashback, hadn't he? On no...

After Singa finished talking, I was a bit surprised. Stop wanting to be friends? I recall my words. Oh no. Ugh, stupid Malay! How could you phrase it like that?

I can see Singa not directly looking at me, though he still has that expressionless face. I know him enough to know that he really doesn't like this situation.

"Singa, listen to me. Okay? Whatever you're thinking, stop. I didn't mean to phrase it that way. I'm sorry. What I really meant was you being a workaholic.

I am worried for you with the way you're pushing yourself. That is why I want to help you stop,"

Singa thought about it before turning to face me."Okay, what do you have in mind?"

I smile. "Since you have done more than enough work this last month, how about this week, try not going into the office? You can check up with Brunei, but you're not allowed to sit there and start working. Starting today, maybe?" I asked.

We stood there for a while before he spoke. "Fine,"

I step aside to let him out of my room. He opened the door and was about to step out when he was greeted with Brunei and Indo, clearly eavesdropping on our conversation.

He sighs as he walks around them as he headed to his room. Everyone froze in shock before quickly trying to recover and go back to normal. I can't believe them.

-3rd Person POV-

After going into his room, Singa sat on his bed. After a second or two, he grabbed his phone and started to make a phone call to an old friend.

Ring... ring... a click went on.

"Hi Singa, you haven't called me in a while? What's up? " It was China, an old childhood friend though not as old as Malay.