Control

Hong Kong and Japan nodded as they put their shoes away. They enter the house and see the others in the living room.

"Hello! Malay, Indo, and Phil. Thanks for inviting us. I asked Hong Kong to join us to give a helping hand, if you don't mind?" Japan asked.

"Oh, we don't mind at all. The more people to help us, the better," Indo replied.

"Okay! So," Japan turned to Singa. "Do u still remember?"

The others were confused until...Poof! Hong Kong and Japan revealed their animal features.

Japan's animal was a cat. She had cat ears with two bells and the ends of a ribbon as her tail sways behind her.

Hong Kong had panda ears and a short fluffy tail. Singa sighed, and with the same poof his features disappeared.

'What?' The others thought. "Yep, this is what I wanted to teach you guys so that if you have to do something important, you don't need to reveal this to others if you dont want too," Japan claimed.

"We can do this on twos since there are the same amount of people who know how to control them and those who don't," Hong Kong chimed in.

The six paired up. Hong Kong went with Indo, Japan went with Phil and Singa went with Malay.

Hong Kong and Indo went to the garden, and Japan and Phil stayed in the living room while Malay and Singa went to the dining room.

-With Malaysia and Singapore -

"Okay, the first step to fully controlling the features is to actually be familiar with using them. Just think of them as an extension on your body like your hands or feet," Singa said.

Malay nodded and tried to move them as a natural part of his body. Eventually, he managed to intentionally control them, although occasionally, it would move when he didn't realise it.

To be perfectly honest, Singa loved seeing Malay's ears move when Malay doesn't realise it. It always shows his true feelings, like perking up when his excited or one ear being up while the other is down when he doesn't understand something.

It's something he would never admit even if he was held at knifepoint. However, he really wanted to be the only one who knew this fact of Malay.

'Geez, Singapore... that sounded way too possessive. Malay can do and tell whoever he wants,' Singa thought bitterly.

'But you are, of your stuff and especially Malay,' his brain unhelpfully supplied.

"Singa? What's step 2? I learned how to control my features, didn't I?" Malay asked, his ears perking.

Singa suppressed a small smile, which was surprisingly difficult. It always seemed to be when it came to anything with Malay.

"Yes, you have. Now, you have to focus on your ears and imagine them gone. Once you hear the poof, focus on controlling your emotions. If you can't do that, your ears will return,"

Malay shut his eyes and focused deeply. A few minutes went by before a poof could be heard. Malay's eyes opened.

"Did I do it?" He asked.